MEFI Port on 2006 Marine Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEFI Port on 2006 Marine Power

This should be easy to find, but I can’t seem to locate the mefi diagnostic port on my 06 24ve. Seems like all connectors I could plug into already have something plugged in. I thought it would be simple to locate like the OBD port in a car, but I can’t seem to locate. Anyone know where I plug in?

Dont have any MPs in for service but its a square plug on the engine. Its black, probably 10 or 12 pin plug(so ya its more rectangular). Looks kind of like this
    Attached Files

Comment

IIRC 2006 was the "transition year" for MEFI/CAN, meaning some boat engines had it and some didn't. I'm told by 2007 you could reliably presume MEFI/CAN was on all new engines. This is one reason we set a baseline year of 2007 for the R&D boat we're looking for, we must have MEFI/CAN. In other words, are you certain your 2006 engine DOES have MEFI and thus a CAN diagnostic connector?

Comment

Yes I am certain it has MEFI. Just can’t find the diagnostic connector. It is typically up on top of block or is it mysteriously hanging out somewhere else?

Comment

Boone, I cant recall offhand where you find it on the engine. If you dont find it I will go find it on the used boat we have innour inventory on Monday for ya

Comment

Thanks freeheel. I appreciate it!!

Comment

Boone, this probably isnt going to help because this boat is an 08 22ve with MP340. Pretty sure its got a newer MEFI 4 or 5 ECM (three plugs and big aluminum case with cooling fins). It has the newer style connector. Prettu sure yours is the older more square plug for older versions of MEFI.

Plug was on stbd rear of motor kind of near distributor. I think you are different tho
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting. I’ll keep looking. Did it have a cover/cap over the end? I’ve been looking up top primarily by the ECM. I’ll take a look deeper. From what I can tell it was just clipped into a dummy slot to keep it protected??

Comment

Yes, they usually have an empty plug and a cover cap.

Comment

Boone,

Finally had one come thru. Was on top of stbd valve cover on this boat. Capped plug.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for thinking of me. I’ll take a look again. That seems like a logical place for it.

Comment

Just like to help out brother. The cap had a pink and black wire coming into it.

Comment

Ah. That may be what has been throwing me off. I have been looking for an open ended connector. Thanks again!!

Comment

How nice. Found mine starboard, engine forward (forward = helm), midway down with cap cover. Thanks guys!!!

Comment

a hit freelancers swear by exercises — washing your face, putting on real garments and placing smartphone boundaries — and thoserecommendations increase to ingesting. dietary therapist and longtime paintings-from-homer wilma macdonald told huffpost that snacking right here and there's the largest mistake she sees new far flung workers make. she recommends setting up your day like all everyday working day, with a lunch wreck, a few smaller breaks and a focus at the most important meal: breakfast.
                              voip phone service

Comment

Working...
                              X