22ve Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22ve Windshield

Port side windshield on my '06 22ve was broken during the Lake LBJ flood. Finally getting repairs and shop says the part is no longer available. Anybody know the manufacturer of the glass or where to go for help. Ifa only there were boat junk yards to pull one off of like my old jeeps. Cost me my tower too, but that can be replaced easy enough.

Contact PCMW (Pacific Coast Marine Windshields) and ask for Cam. They can make you one. You will have to replace both sides and the walkthrough. They may even have your pattern.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thank you. The original was a Water Bonnet but hopefully PCMW can help.

This is very frustrating as the dealership wants nothing to do with it since it is no longer available in the network.

Comment

Most people and dealerships do not know that they can order custom windshields through PCMW. They make all of their stuff in house with robots so they can do custom pieces. The old water bonnet windshields were built by hand and laid in molds to shape the glass. PCMW is pretty far ahead when it comes to manufacturing compared to the other windshield suppliers. It's not going to be cheap but they can get it done.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks.

Taylor Made says if I have the water bonnet part number they may have the molds. Still trying to work that angle too. I guess the custom cut glass from other manufacturers is never quite right, (due to your hand built comment) causing expensive mistakes which is why the dealership is leary of taking on the job.

It might be an expensive piece of glass but better than buying a new boat.

Everything in life is a process. At least it's just a tower and windshield. Many more on Lake LBJ had much worse damage. A lot of very nice boats and houses were turned into rubbish.

Comment

I ordered a walk through glass for my 99 21v for a Water Bonnet windshield from Taylor Made 2 years ago. It took a few weeks to get, once I ordered it. I had to call Tige directly and use the Hull ID to get the windshield part number from them, then gave that to Taylor Made.

Comment

Help removing windshield frame.

In Process with Taylor Made. If I mail them the frame they can put the proper glass back in but now I have to get the frame off. The screws on the frame have 11/32 backer nuts on them. I can reach the ones around the cockpit but not under the part that runs along the rail. Anybody know how to get under the rail to get to these nuts? Thinking I have to take off the back cushion to the bench seat but not sure how and don't want to loosen things up experimenting. It feels like the back is solid under the cushion.

Comment

Your era of boat was put together with the deck and hull already mated. So all of the bolts should be accessible. You will need to remove the shifter panel most likely unless you can reach in behind it. The port side you can reach through the observer storage area.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks KoolAid. On the port side I can get to all but four screws. They are behind the seat. They just spin so I don't know if they have the bolts or just stripped out.

Comment

Most if not all of them should be screws with nylock nuts. Half will seize up and break off. Do not re use the original screws and nuts. They will seize up on you before you get them tightened back down. When you go to install them, use a bar of ivory soap on the threads to act as an antiseize.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks Again KoolAid. I'm letting the dealer put it back on. I'm doing all the leg work to get a new piece of glass. They can at least put the thing back on while installing the new tower.

Comment

Working...
                      X