Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Bolt

Hey guys,

Preparing to winterize (I probably have until January here in Texas with an engine compartment heater in full force), and was making sure I knew what to do, when what do I notice? I bolt hole missing a bolt. Any idea what is supposed to go in here? Or nothing? (Picture below). Looks like it's in the Oil Filter housing. This boat has been dealer maintained before I purchased it.. But that doesnt mean it's right. Thoughts?

(If it's not obvious, look at the Oil Filter and go up just a bit)

MissingBolt.jpg

This is a standard 5.7L GM block uses by dozens and dozens of marine engine marinizers. Id say its not missing, just something not used by that engine builder.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^This. Its not leaking oil or water so its not in a cooling or oil passage. I cant remember what application it was but pretty sure I have found the knock sensor mounted there before. May have been an Indmar 5.7 in a Sanger but cant be sure.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Agree, no major fluids, and boat runs fine. I'll take it as a "bolt intentionally omitted"

Comment

Agreed, there is another one above your strainer housing. I’ve found a number like that on my engine as well.

Comment

I'd be tempted to put a plug in such a hole with some thread sealant, though, if only to prevent moisture/condensation from rusting the metal inside what appears to be a closed chamber.

Comment

I appreciate your kind explanation of the following issue! I don't know what I would do without your assistance!
              http://resumeperk.com/blog/page/11

Comment

Working...
              X