Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Tige 20v - Wakesurfing Wave

Hi Everyone.
    Went out yesterday for first time this year for a board and wakesurf. Using a wakeshaper similar to inland curl or mission delta.
    Cant seem to get the wave to give enough push for an adult for any more than say 5-10 secs then you drop off the back.
    Best results 11.5mph. Wakeshaper on one side full rear ballast on side for surfing.
    Also tried both rear bags full and then full on surf side and half on the other.
    I have had people tell me that these boats have an awesome wave but I'm yet to work it out.
    I only have the rear bags and dont plan on putting in any other bags or system.
    Any help from people with similar model and hull design would be appreciated as want to get in to it this season.
    Thanks
    Tony

I only have the rear bags and dont plan on putting in any other bags or system.
    Wont like my advice then

So how much ballast does the boat have? Sounds like you dont have enough. You for sure, need to weight the side with the surf device on it. You need to be weighted nearly even in the back, otherwise, the device is hardly or not in the water at all.

Unless you have a ton of ballast, a good fast board and better then beginner skills, I think 11.5 is too fast. Speed drops the wave height, or push, without more ballast to create the additional displacement.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You gotta slow down a ton. The smaller hulls really need a ton of weight to go that fast. Slow down and play with 10.6-10.8

Comment

Ok that us something I'll try. Opposite to what we did as far as ballast goes. Not sure what size but they are pretty big bags and the boat was sitting low in the water. I'll try and find out what size.
        We did try speed from 9mph to 13mph. Will try at 10.6 and lower again

Anyway open to suggestions
        Thanks.

Comment

I have the same boat and get a good wave from a slight list (700lbs surf side, 400lbs other locker), surf device and about 500lbs in the bow to give some length. 10.1 to 10.5 with taps around 3. I agree that the board makes a big difference as well especially as a beginner

Shawn

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the info Shawn. Will let you know how I go.

Comment

Just remember to readjust the TAPS to fine tune the wave, with each speed setting you try.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X