Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surging Tige Speedset

picked up new 22ve on weekend
    drove great and smooth as silk. Great out the hole once had my 10 hours up. However tigespeed set seemed to hunt or surge a lot. I know my old perfect pass had adjustements for the sensitive of the sensor to stop excessive corrections?
    Graham

Are you making sure to bury the throttle once the speed set catches? We weren't doing that and had some surging problems at first, then read on here to bury the throttle.

Comment

thanks will try that next weekend
      Graham

Comment

What was the outcome of your problem? Resolved I hope. Took delivery of my new RZ2 at the lake Saturday. Looks and handles great. Want to know if anybody else noticed their speed set surging. Water was calm, very few wakes and the speed set seemed to be surging way more than any other boat I'd been in that had a cruise control setup like perfect pass. Boat was being operated by the Tige rep delivering the boat and he seemed to think that was normal. Also I ordered factory ballast tanks in the rear that wouldn't drain completely and had problems filling. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Sand
          What was the outcome of your problem? Resolved I hope. Took delivery of my new RZ2 at the lake Saturday. Looks and handles great. Want to know if anybody else noticed their speed set surging. Water was calm, very few wakes and the speed set seemed to be surging way more than any other boat I'd been in that had a cruise control setup like perfect pass. Boat was being operated by the Tige rep delivering the boat and he seemed to think that was normal. Also I ordered factory ballast tanks in the rear that wouldn't drain completely and had problems filling. Anyone else?
          I haven't noticed any out of the norm surging on my speedset. I do notice a little bit of surging when I have about 1600-1800 pounds of ballast or so. I know this is a bit normal because of the weight difference though.

Are both of your rear tanks not filling or is it just your starboard side? My rear starboard side has problems filling occasionally and it is the cause of the pump getting a pocket of air in there. I typically resolve this by throwing the boat in reverse. However sometimes this does not work and I am told by one of the Tige technicians that you can remove the pump cap and put it back on and it will work. I haven't done this myself though.

My rear tanks also have a bit of water in them as well. R&D was or has already fixed this I believe.

Comment

speed set

Have taken advice and bury the throttle now runs very smooth. I think is smoother under load with a boarder than unladen

Graham
            Graham

Comment

Both tanks had a few inches of undrainable water in them when I took delivery and the port side had the problem with pickup and had 3/4 of a tank full when we took it out of the water. Was showed the reverse trick and some time while we were out the port side filled. Sitting on the trailer at home I was able to get more water out of the starboard side by lowering the trailer nose but the port side pumps out only momentarily when you first flip the switch. Need to take it out and finish break in and catch whatever else shows up. My brother has a Malibu, told me if that's all I find I'm way ahead! I'm sure they'll take care of everything when I take it back for service.

Comment

My 06 Ve will 'act funny' if you don't floor the throttle after it sets (accu-set)

I drove an RZ2 last weekend, It surged after the speed-set set if you left the throttle at that speed. as soon as I started to push the throttle the rest of the way down, it stopped surging.

We also noticed that the speed-set will reset with the toggle in the off position, if the ignition is not turned off. Thats how I found the surge, I was not looking fo the speed-set to activate.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X