Ipod adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod adapter

Picked up my new 22ve on weekend. Ordered with Ipos adapter but only got a clarion auxillary in.

I assumed I was getting a proper Ipod adapter as per clarion web site. Has any one got the below adapter fitted?

Graham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CeNET iPod INTERFACE

LargeView

It’s Simple: Operate an iPod as if It were a CD Changer.
    Clarion components with CeNET connectivity can control and recharge an iPod, and you can operate the iPod as if it were a CD changer. Play all tracks in order… or select from five different playlists. And the CeNET component will display info such as artist name, song title, and album title… just like an iPod!
    Graham

What is the model nmber on the radio?
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

ipod adapter

Clarion marion audio CMD4A
      Graham

Comment

It's CeNet compatible, but that just means it uses a standard Clarion call procedure to control aftermarket accessories. Before that everyone had their own interfaces, Clarions is called CeNet. You need to purchase a control box for the ipod from Clarion. It isn't very cheap.

EA1276B is the model number of the box you need.
        http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...643389422.html

http://www.cardomain.com/item/CLAEA1276B?ref=frog

I had actually written up the pinouts and provided a semi schema for building your own (albiet very limited in what it could control) a while back, but it was lost when the forum wigged out and deleted a couple of weeks of stuff.
        Last edited by spharis; 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM.
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Is that the newer 16 pin bus connector, or the old cbus style, 13 pin?
          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

thanks
            I was checking what others had ordered My Order sadi Ipod adapter asn was unsure what people had got when they had ordered this.
            Graham

Comment

You can use your Ipod with that Aux Input, all you should need is one of these mini jack adapters (attached below). One end goes in the headphone jack in your Ipod, the other in the Aux Input.
              Attached Files
              Common Sense is not so Common
              Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

They supplied one, but the genuine ipod connector charges ipod and allows full control.

Also as connector is on dash now where to put ipod expect the drivers only drink holder
                Graham

Comment

I put in an Ipod adapter on my new Pioneer system last winter. It has a separate unit that runs in between the Ipod and the head unit. I built a box that houses that unit and one similar to it for the dash remote. I also built it to house the Ipod itself and mounted the whole thing in the observers compartment so that it would be safe and sound from the ellements. Actually a pretty trick little box that took something like 14 individual pieces to build a 17" x 7" x 3" box. I'll try and get some pics of it once I put the boat to bed for the winter (in the garage) this weekend.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have the CLARION I-pod adapter and it is not a fun thing to use.
                    You CAN NOT see the songs on your dash mounted remote control
                    You have to create 5 new Playlists marked Clarion 1, Clarion 2, Clarion 3 and so on. . .
                    Then the CLARION Head unit will see your I-pod as a Compact Disc Changer.
                    Dics 1 on your changer will actually be your ENTIRE music collection on your I-pod and dics 2 on your head unit will be your newly created plays-list on your I-pod labeled Clarion 1 and disc 3 on your Head unit will be your newly created playlist on your I-pod labled Clarion 2, and so on. . .
                    You do not get to select random shuffle on your playlists and I quit using my overpriced Adapeter and went and bought a set of MONSTER cables to plug from the headphone jack in my I-pod to the Aux inputs on teh back of the Clarion Head Unit.
                    It may not charge my I-pod, but at least I now have full contoll over what I want to hear on my I-pod and can pick any individual song instead of having to listen in order to my playlists.
                    IMHO the CLARION Adapter is not worth the money or the aggravation to use it.
                    AJ
                    Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions on this subject
                    A bad day of boating is better than a good day of work, anyday!

Comment

Working...
                    X