Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas leaking out exhaust? ‘09 22ve

Hello everyone,

I’ve finally hit my first snag after a tremendous summer of boating. I’m at around 60 hrs this season and I’ve been picking up the slack for my 2 buddies that have had broken wakeboats for most of the season.

Anyway, I’ve been noticing what looks like a gas slick in the water behind my boat. I notice it when it’s parked at the dock. My guess is it’s coming from the exhaust as it seems to bubble up from below the swim platform. There’s no gas smell when I open the engine compartment and the boat runs perfect. My reading tells me to suspect the high pressure fuel pump (I’m guessing it’s cooled by water?). I’ve also read about a vapor separator tank but I’m not sure I have that. The engine is a pcm 409 with a closed cooling system.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it is gas? Not another oil?

Comment

You would have to have a super rich running engine to see a sheen behind it. I would expect an exhaust odor and poor running engine as symptoms.

Id check the trans cooler and TAPS (if its a hydraulic unit) oil levels also.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

CHECK THE TRANSMISSION AND V-DRIVE OIL!!!!!
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Ok, I’m back at the boat tomorrow and I’ll check a little further.

No, I’m not positive it’s gas but the way the sheen seems to “bubble up” and then almost “evaporate” resembled gas to me as opposed to a more stable oil of some kind.

Now that I think of it the coolant reservoir is close to the “low” line and had to be filled once in the 2 years I’ve owned the boat.. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

can one fuel injector lose its integrity?

Comment

Sure. An injector can stop working, stick open or its pray pattern can clog and go to hell.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X