2005 24V will turn over but will not start or start and slowly die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 24V will turn over but will not start or start and slowly die

Hi everyone, our 24V was working perfectly. I live in Redmond WA and it has been hot. My girls put some gas in it at the dock and then the boat would not start. It turns over like it is getting some gas but will not start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Not much info here. How old are your girls? Old enough to drive a car? If so did they put gas in there car to go to the mall, and none in the boat? if so it is out of gas. Did the gas come from a can? Was it known good gas? Did it come from a marina? Were they on the boat and stopped for gas? Then went to the mall later? if so boat is out of gas. Being serious now do you hear both fuel pumps running? Check fuel pressure get a sample from the rail check for water.
    Last edited by gumby; 08-07-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

If they boated to the dock, shut down and fueled, and now it wont start then I am guessing vapor lock. Turn on the blower, open engine hatch and wait

Comment

Gas was good and came from a Shell station. Girls know the mall but also know their boating. I am trying to listen if fuel pumps are running. Does it have 2? Not hearing much noise but will listen again.

Comment

Should have 2. When you turn the key to on. Not start (boat cranking) Just on. You should hear the fuel pumps. The noise should come from both sides of the engine.

Comment

Working...
          X