Tige pre 2200v skeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige pre 2200v skeg

I’m looking at a 1999 pre 2200v it’s a little hammered has metcrap two of the back seat cushions bad driver seat bad noticed it had what appeared to be brand new drive shaft then I noticed the three skegs were bent towards port side I’m pretty sure they’re supposed to be strait anyway can they be sourced or straightened if the skegs can be fixed I’m gonna offer 9k for it let me know what ya think the add is on executive boat and yacht Salt Lake City thanks guys
    Rob

That thing looks pretty hammered. It will certainly be a project.

The tracking fins can either be straitened or replaced. Not too big of a deal. There’s a place that sells direct replacements but I can’t think of what it’s called. Somebody will remember. I do remember that they are pretty cheap.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I just bought a 1998 pre2200i that was definitely a DIY-er but it was considerably cheaper than 9k, but mine was a DD not V-drive.
      Just some thoughts on buying it. the seats are not in great condition would prob need to be done (obviously can wait till the end of the season). The swim platform needs to be cleaned up and re-oiled, and I would do that before you ever put it in the water. There is a lot of hatred for the metcraft towers as they are prone to breaking. If the gauges are VDO they will eventually break on you. I also find it hard to believe it doesn't have an hour gauge, I think they can hook up to the engine and tell you this. But someone with more knowledge than me will have to commit. I would also check to make sure the hull doesn't have any spider cracking if the skegs are bent, who knows what happened there.
      The good thing is it looks like it isn't missing any parts, esp the ones you can no longer get.
      I would check to make sure the TAPS system works, as well as its gauge. It is pretty simple to repair, just more money.
      Other than that, the boat looks good. Nothing a little TLC and elbow grease won't fix. So overall, I would 9k is prob a good price. I'd be happy with a V-drive for 9k.

Comment

ya i currently have a 89 sport nautique it has the monster tower 2 on it "the tall one" gunwale on nautique is much lower than the tige im considering on switching towers before i sale the nautique i checked for spider cracks the stern has vertical cracks all the way across it every couple inches only other were on the starboard side where front tower mount is not bad a couple cracks missing bracket on port side front tower mount i checked the taps it works along with guagei checked oil dirty but not milky i checked the trans fluid its clean and smells like trans fluid i dont know how to check v drive fluid it could use new carpet i did that on my sport and a little floor repair and it sucked haha the rest of the hull looked good minus a small chip on starboard rear corner no oil leaks that i could see and the bilge looked clean the boat is nasty dirty maybe ill offer less im feeling pretty lazy

Comment

oh ya one more thing are the tracking fins bolted all the way through the hull with nuts on back? thanks Rob

Comment

In not sure on the tracking fin mount on that year. Mine are nut and bolt but, it’s a DD so my fuel tank is in the trunk. My buddy’s 21v has what I asume to be threaded plates mounted to the inside of the hull. I replaced one of them and the screws ran in and out on threads so...?

I hear ya on the carpet. I’ve done a couple. I hate it. Be sure to check the floor for soft spots.

The best thing about these old Tige’s is that the hulls are super tough. They are tanks.

Comment

thanks nickypoo i'm gonna offer 8k and see what happens

Comment

sorry to drag on just curious about the cracks on the sternbig deal or not are they fixable

Comment

Where on my the stern are they? Generally the cracks are just gelcoat cracks and easily fixed.

Comment

ok thats good news they look like less than 1mm vertical cracks every couple inches across the back looks like the boat was never wiped down probably not covered and i imagine the stern was facing north looks the worst compared to rest of exterior

Comment

someone offered him 10k i called this morning its on its way to Idaho

Comment

Well, who knows what else was wrong with it. You know there was something. Personally, I’d rather have a 21v anyways. They are running quite a bit more but, if you can find a clean one, they are amazing little surf boats.

Comment

Working...
                        X