Walter Rv-26d parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter Rv-26d parts

Looking for a good parts source not sure what all I need just yet, yanking the drive out tonight. Either online or if anyone knows a good shop near Houston,TX. Also thinking about regearing to 1.46 mine is a 1:1 coming out of a 2004 22v. Any suggestions appreciated.

Backdrop here i left a towel in the bilge it got wrapped up in output shaft and coupler and took the perfect pass paddle wheel wires with it. Disconnected everything and drained oil last night and the oil was really black.
    Attached Files

You can see the oil in the bottom pic is very black

Comment

I order all my V Drive and trans rebuild parts from Mike at Harbor Marine in Everett WA. The guy knows his stuff. I get a complete kit that is put together by them, has input and output shaft seals, gaskets, etc

Comment

Very odd to see a blue 1:1 v-drive. Good luck with the repair.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Guess I need to look at it and make sure that’s the correct gear ratio. Got it pulled out today took about 30 minutes. After spending about 3 hours two days in a row trying to cut and pull the wires out. They really got wrapped tight. How likely do you think it is for the internals to be alright? I’m gonna pull the cover and drain pan tomorrow and look at it. That burnt black oil has me thinking the worst though.

Comment

Thannks for the info. How quick can they usually get the parts to you?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Very odd to see a blue 1:1 v-drive. Good luck with the repair.
              Doing some reading and sounds like it is a 1.46 and a black one would be a 1:1. I guess I saw the 1:1 on the velvet drive and assumed it.good call man.

Comment

I would imagine the shaft seal would be the only victim. Those things are pretty much like a 4wd transfer case, just gears and bearings with a couple seals.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yep, the borg warner trans is 1:1, but historically, the blue v-drives were 1.46:1.

Comment

So now I need to figure out where to go from here. If I’m not mistaken it looks like at least the seal is definitely shot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                      I order all my V Drive and trans rebuild parts from Mike at Harbor Marine in Everett WA. The guy knows his stuff. I get a complete kit that is put together by them, has input and output shaft seals, gaskets, etc
                      Just got off the phone with Mike, he walked me through the process of getting it pulled apart and put back together and is getting the parts overnighted to me. Great dude to deal with there, thanks for that!

Comment

Must be something about guys named Mike

Glad he could help ya. Like I've said before, I have not been able to come up with a question he can't answer and always seems willing to help which is awesome. Glad that he doesn't seem to mind helping out forum guys either.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                        X