Bilge Location in my 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilge Location in my 22V

While replacing my steering cable for the 3rd time I realized that my bilge pump sits higher than the end of the steering cable, therefore water can penetrate the cable and sit there to never be dried out until the drain plug is removed.

I am going to move the pump to a lower location under the engine, and was just wondering if anyone else has done this. If so how did you fasten it?
    I am thinking I may just zip tie the hose to the motor mount as it's stiff enough and should hold it in place just fine.

The base plate was glued onto the hull from what I can remember. You may have to order a new bilge pump just to get the base plate. Then the upper section clips into the base plate.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

So there's usually a little pad that is glassed I'm for the bilge hardware in it's location so that you don't like screws through the bottom of the boat.
      https://www.amazon.com/attwood-Sahar...3rL&ref=plSrch
      I personally like to add in the above pump. The way the pump attaches to the base makes it easy to replace, or even remove to clean out any debris.
      I have cleaned the new mounting location in the bilge. Scuffed up epoxy with 3M pads and cleaned up dust. Removed base from pump. Mix up a pretty stout batch of a good 2 part epoxy. Then glued base to the floor. Let the epoxy cure fully. In the meantime you can wire and plumb in the pump. Once the epoxy is cured the pump just clicks back into the base.

Comment

I actually have a new bilge pump that I'm putting in with the click in base. I didn't even think about glue/epoxy, but that's a great idea!! Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Did u run the new cables over the fuel tank or under?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I ran it over the top, which I asked the dealership to do last time but they apparently didn't listen haha.

Comment

They seem to last longer going over.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I hope so, but after tackling this one myself for the first time, I'm not near as nervous to do it again if I have to. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Anyone ever add a second bilge pump. I’m thinking of adding one to the back of the boat so I can put the boat nose up and all the bilge water heads to the back it will then pump most of it out.

My question if anyone has done that did y’all drill a new hole in the side of the boat for the discharge hose? I thought I could also Y it into the vent hose on my ballast bag with a back check in it or Y it into my current bilge pump and install 2 check valves?

Thoughts? I got a 21v.

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack this thread.

Comment

No worries on the Hijack, I was actually thinking about doing the same thing. I was going to go with the 2 check valves and use the existing outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees39 View Post
                      Anyone ever add a second bilge pump. I’m thinking of adding one to the back of the boat so I can put the boat nose up and all the bilge water heads to the back it will then pump most of it out.

My question if anyone has done that did y’all drill a new hole in the side of the boat for the discharge hose? I thought I could also Y it into the vent hose on my ballast bag with a back check in it or Y it into my current bilge pump and install 2 check valves?

Thoughts? I got a 21v.

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack this thread.
                      Best if you drilled another hole for the discharge. You never want either one to air lock in an emergency.
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                      X