How bad is this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is this??

So I hit a stump or something yesterday and when I got home I found the rudder bent. I’m pretty sure the prop is bent and the bar that holds the shaft is bent too. How hard will this be to fix? Is it all stuff that can be straightened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rudder is bent as well as the strut. Likely bent prop shaft too.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Replace those components. Getting them bent back to the original shape is problematic. They’re easier to replace.
      You’ll most likely need to replace the shaft and have it aligned. Prop looks serviceable.

Comment

New rudder and new support strut is in order. Shaft might be bent but I’d just replace those then check runout before going too crazy. My 98 looked like that when I bought it. Swapped out the rudder and the strut and ran it for 8 seasons no problem.

Comment

I had nearly the exact thing happen to my 21v a few years ago. My dealer repacked the rudder and rudder box, strut, prop shaft, and had the prop repaired by OJ. I would replace as many of those pieces as possible followed by an engine alignment to ensure everything is straightened out. Not fun, I ended up making an insurance claim as with labor it was a huge repair bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ouch sorry for your luck!!! That looks no good!

Comment

Are these pieces I can replace myself? Is it possible to do at home and then get the shop to do the alignment when I’m done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Honestly, if you have the tools and skillz to swap the rudder, strut and shaft, the engine alignment is within your scope of figuring it out.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X