Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Leak?

Hi all -

We keep our '13 Z3 in an insulated garage that rarely drops below freezing, but also winterize it for added measure. That said, when starting it up for the first time over the weekend (using fake-a-lake), I noticed that some coolant leaked out of the cap of the degas bottle. The level is still reading full on the bottle and the cap seemed tight. I'm no mechanic, so I'm not sure where to look next?

What gives? Anything I need to take a closer look at, or is it simply the cap that was sputtering a bit?

Thanks for the help...
    Aaron

Cap it and monitor the coolant level.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
      Cap it and monitor the coolant level.
      Thanks. Will do!

Any idea what would cause this after sitting for the winter? I’ve never noticed this leak before (like all season last year) and I’m pretty meticulous about cleaning/inspecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No clue without looking at it. I wouldn't be alarmed at it just yet. Just keep an eye on it.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Occasionally caps will fail. You could verify that its tight, run it for a bit, then open it. If you dont hear it depressurizing when you open it then its a good sign cap has failed.
          Nautiqueparts probably has them on their site. Probably not a shockingly expemsove part either.

Comment

Working...
          X