prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prop question

I have an '01 21v with the 350 mag and the original prop. We haven't been able to set the cruise at surf speed without the engine surging up and down. Is there an adjustment on the servo or cable? Or do I need to be running a different prop with a higher engine rpm? It has a throttle cable and original PP riders cruise I think it's called. 500-800 above sea level.

If its really the stock prop, its going to be more suited for skiing. Adding surf ballast is going to exceed that props capabilities. So, confirm the prop's diameter and pitch. A new prop may not resolve the issue, but might help in the long run. Does your PP have both MPH and RPM mode? Have you tried it on the other mode?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It’s definitely the stock prop and the PP doesn’t have a display at all. I think it’s rpm based. It surfs good but you have to have a good throttle man at the helm. I plan to upgrade to a gps based PP maybe this year too but I don’t think that will resolve the surging issue.

Comment

Working...
      X