Where to buy parts for Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy parts for Tige

I just picked up a 2005 Tige Switch V...first inboard! The fiberglass swim platform is a little roughed up. Where might I find a replacement?

I think you would be a little hard pressed to find a replacement. Depending on how bad it is you may just want to look at getting it repaired. Given the age I would doubt a dealer would have access to anything. Otherwise there are always DIY options. I've seen lots of swim platforms made out of plywood and then coated in LineX or similar. If you are looking at surfing with the boat some have even trimmed down their current one to be a bit narrower and shorter as to not affect the wave.

Comment

Or if theres a good fiberglass repair shop in your area they should be able to refurbish it. If its beyond repair there is a company called swimplatforms.com, and they will build you a whole new one. We had a customer w 09 Supreme that platform brackets broke while towing. Platform got crunched beyond repair. Sent them the busted one and they built us a whole new one. Not cheap tho and shipping platforms is a bit of PITA as well.
      Plus you will need a new pad for it from gator step or sea deck.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-02-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Perfect! It's probably a repair job then. Thanks

Comment

I have a swim platform off a 2014 Z3 I am looking to get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
            I have a swim platform off a 2014 Z3 I am looking to get rid of.
            Will that fit? Switch V if I remember correct is the narrow beam vs the Z3 with the wider beam. Could be wrong.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I would be more concerned about the rounded transom of the switch vs the angled transom of the Z3. To me it wouldn't fit well at all and leave a big gap at the center. Width would be okay since the switch series had a wide platform.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
              X