2017 RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 RZR

Looking at purchasing but never surfed behind one. How is the wake. I know this is a small boat so curious if the wake is good or not. I am coming out of an older boat and it is a lot of hassle to get set up for surfing with getting weight right and attaching the home made delta. Looking for a boat that can surf well without the extra hassles

The 2017 RZR surfs great. TAPS3 makes it super easy to dial in the wave. It's the best 20' surf boat on the market IMHO.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my biggest question is is it will surf as well as the big boats. I am trying to stay under budget and not have to splurge on the wake monsters. Would those of you that have experience with Tige be able to compare?

Comment

The short answer is no, it won't surf as well as say a Z3 or RZX. Those boats are longer, wider, heavier, and provide more ballast and provide world class surf waves. The RZR is still going to throw an awesome wave, just not quite as big or with the same amount of push.

Do you have any restrictions on size? Garage, lake, or other? How many people do normally go out with?

I'm guessing a 17 RZR runs low to mid 70s. You could get a brand new 2018 R21 pretty full loaded for around the same price.

Comment

The rzr puts out a great Wake when properly dialed in but because of its super narrow beam it can be a little finicky. For the price I’d jump over to a r21 or r23, the new 18s are really killing it.

Comment

No size restriction just pocket book! Would like to stay in the 70k or less range

Comment

I’d look at getting a slightly used Z3 and let someone else take the hit.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Ti...ota-71962.aspx

Comment

^ this! There are a ton of barely broken in boats waiting to be re-homed for under $70k! I’d be looking at a Z3 or RZ2 preferably with taps 3 although finding a taps 3 boat under $70 may be harder. The deals are out there.
                Last edited by Jetdriver; 03-01-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  I’d look at getting a slightly used Z3 and let someone else take the hit.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Ti...ota-71962.aspx
                  Wondering if posting is wrong. Is a 16 with the 7" screen and taps 3, but listed with a 5.7 indmar in it. Maybe I missed something and Tige still allowed that as an option, but should have a 6.2l. Haven't seen a 5.7 indmar in any Tige since the odd year they switched from PCM to Indmar. Those graphics look more 13-14 than 16 too, but they all start to look the same.

But yes, if you want a big wave for less than 70k look at used z3s or consider building a barely optioned r23
                  Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-01-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

My guess is when it says Indmar 350 it is referring to the Indmar 400, as in the Indmar 400 has 350 horsepower. At least I'm not seeing where it says it has a 5.7 engine.

Comment

That's the local Malibu dealer here in MN so probably not too versed in Tigé. It is Indmar Raptor 400 in that Z3.

Comment

You should look at this one:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Ti...ona-72469.aspx

We were a bit put off by the colors in the pictures, but then after looking it over in person, we really liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                          You should look at this one:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Ti...ona-72469.aspx

We were a bit put off by the colors in the pictures, but then after looking it over in person, we really liked it.
                          We would have considered that if the Colours weren’t so bad. For the one I linked I literally just picked the cheapest 2016. And for the price, it’s a year newer, half the hours, more options and factory taps 3.
                          Last edited by bsreid; 03-01-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                            We would have considered that if the Colours weren’t so bad. For the one I linked I literally just picked the cheapest 2016. And for the price, it’s a year newer, half the hours, more options and factory taps 3.
                            My wife said no way when she saw the pictures, but once we got there and looked at it we were surprised that the boat looked much nicer in person. Germain has been sitting this boat for ever. I'm sure they would make someone on here a great deal. I think it's important to remember that the OP is working with a budget. If he is considering a RZR just to fit in his budget than he should be willing to take a strong look at a boat like this one. Who knows, maybe Captain America is his hero and he loves the colors.

Comment

I normally hate wrapped boats, but that one is a prime candidate for a wrap. Especially since the interior is so simple. Surprising considering gel scheme.

Comment

Working...
                              X