• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim tabs vs surf tabs

Hey guys, what would be the difference between trim tabs
    https://www.wholesalemarine.com/benn...-5000-control/
    versus surf tabs
    https://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol
    Basically the same thing? What am I missing besides $$$$? They seem to be identical in function. Is this simply a rebranding?
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, currently installing Chpthrl ballast kit. Just thinking about future. I’m setting up for surfing

Comment

These two systems aren’t in the same league as one another. It ain’t even the same game. The Bennett system is just a basic tab and switch set up. It’s only function is to raise or lower the bow or level the boat while underway. It doesn’t care about the wake at all. The other set up has every bell and wistle ever created from the tabs themselves to the controller. All it cares about is the wake. So to answer your question, everything. You’re missing everything.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That being said, there’s no way I’m paying 4K for that set up. I get it, I just won’t be getting it.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

So essentially the same concept, but the surf tabs are shaped differently and has more bells and whistles

Comment

Concept is basically the same, but with a couple of differences. Surf tabs tend to dig deeper into the water for a greater effect then just adjust list and attitude. There also seems to be some science to the shape of a surf tab, where as a trim tab can be very effective with just a simple square shape. The wake maker wave control is actually the Go Surf Assist system. GSA developed a plate shape and size as well as a little logic to the control operation over just a simple manual switch setup you see with trim tabs.

Could trim tabs work? Sure.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you. Hopefully I won’t need it with all the ballast I’m putting in. By the way, the kit that you put together is awesome. Only concern is that I’m going to overlook plugging one of the numerous fittings in the sacs.

Comment

Like many other owners around here have done we’ve used Lenco controllers with custom surf tabs that we have had fans up. But I will say with my experience on older boats the surf gate style works a little better and it’s pretty generic design.

Comment

Originally posted by civilgee View Post
                  So essentially the same concept, but the surf tabs are shaped differently and has more bells and whistles

No, not really. GSA tabs are much larger for one. They also have some channeling features that redirect water flow in a meaningful way.

They also don’t deploy very deeply—10-12 degrees down is all they go.

It’s expensive, but it’s also the best there is. Beats most if not all factory systems at the same game.

I am sure that will generate controversy, but it seems to be true. [emoji91]

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Working...
                  X