21V Rider Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryro7 View Post
    Didn’t end up buying...drove 13 hours only to find out the guy lied about the hours (300 more than he said) and it was extremely dirty. I couldn’t believe he didn’t put any work into cleaning it. But...I found two more better ones closer by that I’m hopefully narrowing into a decision this weekend!
    Wow, that sucks. I still remember pulling up to the house where I bought mine and the guy was outside waxing it! You are surely better off avoiding that boat if it wasn't even clean....tells a lot about the owner and probability of proper maintenance. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Did you go look at the other 2? Did you end up with one? We are in the middle of redoing our interior which held up great for 18 years. check for v drive oil leaks, prop shaft seal leaking, trans fluid levels, V-Drive fluid levels, and oil levels. A tight steering wheel is likely a steering cable needing replaced. All of these are general maintenance items that will have to be addressed over time.

maintenance tips:
      Store your boat with the steering wheel locked full port (left) this keeps the cable closed and less likely for oxygen to oxidize the water and stainless.
      Oil, filter, trans fluid, V-drive oil and water separator change every year or 100 hours which ever comes first
      clean air cleaner on intake every year or 100 hours
      sta-bil or alternative fuel treatment when storing long term (3 months or more)
      impeller insert at beginning of season

Spare parts/ tools to have on boat:
      Serpentine belt
      idler pulley (same part for tensioner and idler)
      impeller and housing
      prop and prop puller.
      Knife for cutting rodes off of prop shaft if you run it over
      good dive mask to see
      tools
      2001 Tige 21V Fresh Air Exhaust, ballast, loud stereo, blue v drive, ACME 1235 prop Kneeboarding, Surfing, and having fun!

Comment

Purchased a 98 2200v yesterday after a lake test. Guy worked at a marine shop and you could tell it was completely taken care of. Ran great, no leaks, everything on board worked. Super stoked on it. I'll post pics asap.

In the mean time, she needs a bath. I'm looking through threads right now on best products but thought I would make it easy as well and ask for any tips from anyone checking out this post? There's some residue on the sides where he had a stick on surf gate. I'm thinking a good rubbing compound before wax should get her right. What's everyones typical spring time detail entail?

Thanks a lot for the help everyone! This forum is incredible and I'm super stoked to have joined the Tige family!

Comment

Working...
        X