Pull to driver's side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull to driver's side

With some of the recent threads regarding the bent fins, I am begining to wonder about the moderate pull on the steering wheel to the driver's side (starboard). It's the kind of pull that is barely noticeable at 21mph, but when you let go of the steering wheel there is a sudden and pronounced turn to the right (starboard). There is no undue vibration, or issue with the boat. Should I be concerned?
    Richard

There are other threads on here that discuss this issue (you'll need to use the search function to find them). I was told that Tige intentionally builds in a little pull to the starboard side to make it easier for the driver to maintain a straight track. It makes sense because if this positive loading was not built in the boat would have a tendency to wobble when going straight.
    -Tip

Comment

All of my direct drive ski boats have done this. its normal and the faster the speed the more you will notice it. Its to hold a better line.

Comment

That is all correct and some will be a little more prominate that others.

Comment

Sounds like it needs a front end alignment
          If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Working...
          X