Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck in neutral - then won't start - neutral safety switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunnfun1234 View Post
    UPDATE: After running fine for the beginning of the summer, the problem re-occurred today. Motor still running, but won't shift into gear. Shut off the motor, try to restart, and nothing, no clicks, no cranking, nothing. Followed the instructions mentioned above by KoolAid (jumping the capped wires, they were even conveniently labeled NEUTRAL SAFETY) and the motor then indeed did start, but I was still unable to shift into any gear, the motor only revved up. Ended up getting a tow home after waiting an hour to flag someone down. I've checked all the plugs and connections around the throttle module and everything looks fine. I'll be replacing the entire throttle assembly now (Livorsi EECPCS5026, Tige Part Number C3024) - just thought maybe this would be helpful to someone else. I'll keep you posted if that solves the problem.
    I've had similar issues. Did the new throttle assembly fix your problems?

Comment

So just an update for anyone who finds this thread while troubleshooting their own problem - I ended up buying a replacement throttle module on Ebay (from the Tige dealerships, and I tried two different ones who quoted me prices within $1 of each other) - the throttle module was north of $850 not including shipping. I was able to replace it with one I bought on Ebay for like $350. I replaced it and ran the boat quite a few times afterwards and it has run perfect the rest of the summer. I'm pretty confident that has completely solved the problem now.

Comment

Working...
      X