R21 Prop 1433 or 1235?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R21 Prop 1433 or 1235?

I searched for the thread that discussed this and couldn't find it but I don't think the thread came to any conclusion or maybe I missed it. Did we ever decide if the 1433 or 1235 is a better upgrade surf prop for the R21/Z1 boat's? It comes stock with a 537...

If it matters my particular boat has the Raptor 400 and EVENTUALLY (3-5 yrs) might get custom bags for the rear to squeeze a few hundred more pounds out on each side.....

Both props are proven on Tige boats. The 1433 is a good upgrade to the 537 and the 1235 is a very aggressive upgrade. Given the elevation of where you likely boat and the boats. current ballast, id say the 1433 would be a good upgrade. If you feel added ballast is in the nearer future, ye, go with a more aggressive prop.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Both props are proven on Tige boats. The 1433 is a good upgrade to the 537 and the 1235 is a very aggressive upgrade. Given the elevation of where you likely boat and the boats. current ballast, id say the 1433 would be a good upgrade. If you feel added ballast is in the nearer future, ye, go with a more aggressive prop.
      If I go with the 1235 now will that have any negative impact on the engine, boat, etc or will it just take some top end speed away while reducing the RPM's at surf speeds (which I would think is a good thing correct)?

Comment

I have a 2016 z1 and had a stock 1235 on it. I changed for 1433 and really makes a difference for surfing. The 1433 will lower your rpm, give you more elevation, and give you more power when the boat is fully loaded. If you have in mind to upgrade the ballast I will highly consider the 1433 because I found the 1235 pretty poor like it missed power when ballast are full and have many people in the boat.
        Personally I would say that the 1433 should be the stock prop for our R21/Z1.

Originally when I changed my prop it was for a spare. I wanted to keep a spare prop in my lake house just in case but after few research instead of buying another 1235 it was a better deal to buy a 1433 and keep my 1235 as a spare.
        Ending up a really good idea.

And it was mike (chpthrill) that guide me the most in this. And like always he is always right haha

Good luck

Comment

We've putting the 1235 on boats for years and I dont think theres ever been an engine issue. IMO, it gets the RPM up into a torque curve better. For what most people use the boats for, a couple MPH loss and a little higher RPM at WOT is not an issue.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Can't speak for the 1235 but I am pleased with the 1433. My boat has the max ballast you can fit in the Z1 hull and it surfs just fine. I can also pull slalom at 33MPH and 4500 RPM.

Comment

All the positive feedback on the 1433 is making me feel a little better. I just bought one and was torn between which one.

Comment

I am not sure how the 1433 is an upgrade from the 1235 (as noted by Mike88) - granted I don't know a lot about props, but the 1235 and 1433 are the same spec other than the diameter. The 1433 is smaller diameter thus moving less water per rotation.
                Specs:
                1235: 14.5" Diam 14.25 Pitch 0.105 Cup
                1433: 14" Diam 14.25 Pitch 0.105 Cup

According to Acme/Wakemakers the upgrade for high elevation or heavier ballast from the 1235 is the 2079
                2079 Specs: 14.5" Diameter 12 Pitch 0.15 Cup

Wakemakers Suggestions for Tige Props:
                https://www.wakemakers.com/tige-wake...oat-propellers

Wakemakers "Props 101"
                https://www.wakemakers.com/resources...ic-prop-guide/

As noted in the wakemakers Props 101, you have to give consideration to clearance. On the 2013 Z1 with boatmate trailer (such as JMo has), the limitation I believe is the trailer. This should not be the limiting factor for 2014+ Z1/R21 hulls. Check the clearance between the hull and your prop. You would need an additional .25" to upgrade to the 1433 and .5" for the 1235. Keep in mind that you do need to leave some room to prevent hull burn from the prop. I believe the recommendation is 3/4", per the Wakemakers Prop 101.
                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Or, just read my posts as it all end up under their 101 eventually

Comment

Or, just read my posts as it all end up under their 101 eventually
                    Mike - by no means was I trying to take any credit away from you. I figured the links would provide the info without searching the the bank of knowledge you have shared on the TO boards through history. In commercials, they say "you can learn alot from us dummy", but around here you are always "teaching us dummies alot"

If purchasing a new prop, do not use the Wakemakers link, contact the guy I am quoting - he can help you out!
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Call acme or oj first. They are always trying new things. Directly to the source.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Dandy, just having some friday afternoon fun after one hell of a crazy week. I will say though, consumers arent the only ones that learn around the forums

Comment

Dandy, just having some friday afternoon fun after one hell of a crazy week. I will say though, consumers arent the only ones that learn around the forums
                          I thought it was funny, they have been hijacking you for years.

Comment

Put a 1617 on our '16 R21. It runs well, pulls hard, and leaves us enough top end to pull slalom skiers. Felt like a totally different boat when comparing to the stock 537 prop.

Comment

I have had the 1433 prop on my R21 for the past couple weekends and couldnt be happier! I have all the power in the world with my 360 and have no problem getting on plane with both rear ballast full and the front at 50%.

Comment

Working...
                              X