Tralier question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tralier question

This is gonna be 1 of many questions I'm gonna ask but here's the first.

Just picked up my "New To Me" 2003 22v, and I knew the trailer needed some work with the brakes. In the end it looks to be the master cylinder, rotors and calipers all need to be Serviced/Replaced'.

Question is if I'm gonna go to the trouble of replacing the system, would it be worth going with oil bath hubs?
    Is it just better to just replace existing components with like?

My use is going to be local less then 50mile round trip, with a 200mile round trip here and there when we go camping a few times a year. All fresh water lakes and rivers.

Its a DHM Trailer with UFP DB-42 hubs and what looks to be a A-60 hitch

Thanks in advance
    Lucky

would it be worth going with oil bath hubs?
    You might be surprised at how many convert their oil bath to good old grease hubs.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Good luck with getting the trailer up to speed. I bought a 2006 22V last August and the trailer has been the most expensive part of this boating experience. It's hard to beat good grease hubs for ease of maintenance and cost.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        You might be surprised at how many convert their oil bath to good old grease hubs.
        This was me this year, stay with grease!

Comment

Replacing the entire acutautor for a60 is way easier then just doing master cylinder. Have a sweet trick to pull the entire acutautor out without everything falling apart. It's almost always what we do when servicing. The labor cost, or lack thereof, totally makes up for cost difference. If you are doing the work yourself it's really a matter of how valuable your time is. If you swap actuator all you need to do is get brakes bled by any decent shop.

Comment

Working...
          X