oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure

I am sure this has been discussed...but I have a 2013 Z1 343. Put it in the water for the first time and the oil pressure alarm was going off. Docked and checked everything,was fine. Oil was slightly low, so added a little. Out later and after pulling one surfer, alarms were going off again. Driver stated that once they were at idle-alarm and 0 psi. Up'd the rpm and alarm stopped,but still only 20 psi. Help!

That's interesting that you got pressure and the alarm shut off when you rev it up. Makes me wonder why the alarm went off during the pull. You had even more rpm's then. If I was in this situation I would start off by installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge to verify presssure. Run it for a while on a fake a lake and see if you can duplicate the situation. If the alarm goes off and your boat gauge shows no or low oil pressure, check that with the mechanical gauge. If that gauge also shows no or very low pressure then you have an engine issue. If it is showing normal pressure then you likely have a sender going bad. We'll cross our fingers that is the issue. How many hours on the motor?

Comment

I believe it is less than 400 hrs. could this be an oil pump issue? We have not noticed any other problems.

Comment

It's possible. You need to put a gauge on it.

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X