2007 RZ2- V-drive and Trans fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 RZ2- V-drive and Trans fluid?

Pulled my backseat to do the fluid change on my V-drive and transmission tonight and i can't seem to remember which fluid goes in which? Both have a sticker on them saying ATF Only, but i thought there was a change to them to add something else instead, just can't remember which? Any help would be great.

Trans will be ATF. Depends on what your v-drives is. Walter v-drives have had gear lash noise and Indmar recommended a 15-40 to help quiet it down...believe other marinizers have also called for a straight 30w non detergent. Have never done the homework to see what Walter recommends. If it's a Walter it will have a pump mounted to it with some hoses and sensor plumbed in-line on port side and a big button looking dipstick on the port side of the gearbox.

Comment

I think an 07 should have had a Hurth setup but I have seen an 07 still with the borg-warner trans and walter v-drive. IIRC, Hurth calls for dex-3 ATF in both, but tige suggest 30W non-detergent in the v-drive for noise. The BW/Walter setup was for sure dexron ATF in the borg warner trans and 30W non-detergent engine oil in the v-drive.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Agreed Mike. Hard to keep it all straight, especially as it just kept changing from Merc to MPI to PCM to Indmar...Just know when I see em what they are getting for fluid. Seems the general consensus with the Walter is to not run ATF. Definitely seen plenty of Indmar with Walter boxes with that classic yellow penzoil 15-40 sticker on the case. Do you know of any changes in Walter v drive over different model years??
        Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-15-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X