Some 20V Problems - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some 20V Problems - need help

For my first wakeboard boat purchase I am pleased with my 06 20V. There are just a few problems I didnt know if they were normal problems or if anybody could help me out. First, before the engine will turn over I have to put it in gear and then back to neutral and then the engine will start. I didnt know if that was a safety precaution or what. Second, after about 40 hours on the boat, my speedometer stopped working. I wasnt sure if there was a reset on it or not. Next, one of the four holes in the rack where I screw in the swivel bolts, the helicoil insert got jacked up and now if I try to screw in one of the bolts it becomes cross threaded. Didnt know if anyone has had to replace one of those yet. Then the lever on my swivel board racks that releas and lock the rack fell out. So the rack is locked in the out position. Those are my main concerns. Any advice or help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Dan

I'd take it to your dealer. None of those are normal problems, except maybe the speedometer. You may have to check your pickup to see if there's debris in it.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Like dog said, get it back to the dealer.

Lots of issues w/ the racks. here is a link to my post about my racks. Ask them to change out your racks with ones that have been modified, not ones that have come off the shelf or off another boat, or they will come apart soon also.board racks

Welcome to the 'family'. After you get the 'new boat' bugs worked out, I know that you will love your Tige
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Re: Some 20V Problems - need help

Originally posted by LambTIGE
        First, before the engine will turn over I have to put it in gear and then back to neutral and then the engine will start. I didnt know if that was a safety precaution or what.
        Dan
        Your shift cable needs to be adjusted at the transmission.

Comment

Check the paddle wheel for the speedo. It should be under the boat. Make sure it spins very easily. Might have something stuck in it.

The rest of the issues are for the dealer.

Comment

My speedo wheel is mounted on the back of the boat, my perfect pass wheel is mounted under the boat, but I have a 22v which may be different from the 20v.
            -Tip

Comment

Working...
            X