Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige RZ2 ZF 45 IV V Drive O Rings

All,

I have a 2008 Tige RZ2 with the ZF 45 IV V drive in it. Last Fall I was winterizing and changing fluids when I came across water in the V drive. I drained and then thought I would pull both sides of the cooling jacket where the water and oil are separated by two O rings on each side. One is on the inside of the cover and one around the copper pipe that connects and flows water thru the oil compartment. After a couple weeks of letting it dry out I went back and attempted to reinstall only to find, the O rings have shrunk down in size and no longer fit.

I contacted my dealer to order new parts and he said he could not locate a replacement set of O rings for that.

This is where I need your help, anyone have a idea of what size that would be or a part number.

Thank You

Andrew

Have you tried contacting ZF directly? Looks like their site has a parts information request, probably need to supply the model/serial numbers, http://www.zfmarinepropulsion.com/parts-service/

Comment

Bring the cooling jacket portion and the original o ring to a local hydraulic service/supply shop. They can measure the od and id and see the type of ring that was in it. I bet you they will have some in stock and help get you back together asap.

Or use a set of calipers to measure od and id. I would bet you its a metric seal and it will be a common size.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

If none of those options pan out Harbor Marine out of Everett Washington has supplied our shop with tons of parts for trans rebuilds. I believe Mike is their transmission guru, but could be a different name.

Comment

Does anyone have a video or picture of this process for the v-drive cooler ? I have sent an email to ZF as stated above, but I think I'm looking at doing this work soon as the V-drive fluid was milky. Changed it out, but for how long it lasts, who knows at this point. Is this o-ring change a difficult task ? Any experience would be helpful. Thanks..

Comment

Working...
          X