2006 22 Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 22 Ve

Our current boat is a 2002 20i and we are looking at updating to a 2006 22 Ve. We are past the tubing stage and spend most of our time skiing, hydrofoiling, swivel skiing and wakeboarding. Our kids more young adults want to surf.

So I understand that you probably cannot have one boat excel at every type of water sport. So can someone educate me on the pros and cons of this boat based on what we enjoy doing behind it.

Thanks in advance.

really good all around boat. do a little searching and you will find a ton of info.

Comment

Love our ve!! It throws an awesome surf wave, I slalom behind it and it's ok, but I'm no pro. It's a great all around boat with great space and storage.
      "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

All around upgrade over what you have now, minus the slalom wake. As you said not all boats will excel at everything. I came from a DD myself and going v-Drive I'll never look back. The easy stuff to list that are pros:
        More room (think double or triple the space)
        Better wake for board sports (surf, wakeboard, average ski wake just weight the bow can be good)
        Better ride in choppy water (deeper V then DD boats)
        Hold Value Better in the long run

Cons-
        Water ski quality will not be Pro level like what DD boats can produce.
        Compared to a DD more difficult to work on (less space to work)

These are just off the top of my head I'm sure others will chime in.
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

The German pretty much nailed it, you won't be disappointed in the 22ve. So much more room than a DD. I personally don't find the 22ve hard to work on but if comparing it to a DD that has access to every side of the guts there isn't a fair comparison. You just have to get creative with lying in the rear compartments, etc.. to get the job done. Winterization/fluid changes are a breeze.
          The 22ve does everything better except skiing IMHO. Now go beat someone outta there socks on that girl! This is the time of year to get a smoking deal.

Comment

Working...
          X