The 2017 RZX2 is finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
    i am pretty sure 1' wont be a 10,000$ savings.
    I disagree. I mean it has to be significant. The specs on the two boats are the same, minus that one foot. Let's say Joe Shmoe knows he wants an RZX. Why will he buy the smaller one? Fit's in his garage? Neither boat will fit in my garage so if the prices are close I'm getting the bigger boat.

Comment

Pure speculation on my part, but it looks like it has less freeboard than the RZX3. The slalom wake seems pretty small so it might have a slightly flatter hull shape at the transom too. From my big picture perspective, it looks more like an evolution of the RZ2 design, specifically, it looks like an RZ2 with a higher freeboard, and RZX bow design. I also love that it has a regular walk through bow as well.

IMHO, its a home run, well done Tige! The big question now is, will it fit under an 8' garage door?
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
        IMHO, its a home run, well done Tige! The big question now is, will it fit under an 8' garage door?
        Yes it will! That's part of the reason they went to the new tower, the RZX wouldn't fit depending on the trailer. They claim that it will now.

Comment

I agree....who wants a 22 foot version of the 23 foot RZX. Tige needs to address the crossover crowd. They VERY much need a crossover that is less of a V at the transom. Dare I say more Malibu-ish? #1 real complaint in Wake World is the lack of a low speed wakeboard wake and weight sensitivity. I tend to agree with them. Flatten the transom out, make it more of a crossover and let the "I surf 95% of the time crowd" get an RZX. I would give the same treatment to the Z3....at least give the option between a surf hull vs a crossover hull. Address that and there will be no functional reasons to choose a LSV 23.

Comment

Slightly less free board but not much, same bottom shape as the RZX 3 except slightly narrower to help accentuate the taps3 system.

As for price, depends on the dealer. I have heard of some wide ranging sale prices of boats in different areas.

I would say a price difference of 10k-15k is reasonable when comparing the 2 to the 3. Given one can be powered with the 400 means maybe even more then that.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              I disagree. I mean it has to be significant. The specs on the two boats are the same, minus that one foot. Let's say Joe Shmoe knows he wants an RZX. Why will he buy the smaller one? Fit's in his garage? Neither boat will fit in my garage so if the prices are close I'm getting the bigger boat.

Until you realized the true differences in the 2.

Its not just about the 1 foot reduction in length given the 1 foot was taken from a rather useless storage portion of the boat to begin with.

This boat isnt its little brother its an upgrade.
              Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                Until you realized the true differences in the 2.

Its not just about the 1 foot reduction in length given the 1 foot was taken from a rather useless storage portion of the boat to begin with.

This boat isnt its little brother its an upgrade.
                Ummm, true. Back in September I don't think we knew that yet. We were all still speculating. So at that time, my comment made perfect sense. When we think of a Z3 and a Z1, for example. Same boat, just shorter and much cheaper. We know now the RZX2 is a different boat. Tige's only screw up was giving it a RZX name.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                  Ummm, true. Back in September I don't think we knew that yet. We were all still speculating. So at that time, my comment made perfect sense. When we think of a Z3 and a Z1, for example. Same boat, just shorter and much cheaper. We know now the RZX2 is a different boat. Tige's only screw up was giving it a RZX name.
                  Almost identical bottom shape just narrowed up, plus they look similar. I can see why they kept the name and just went with the "Its the shorter one" theme.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                  X