Comparing new boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing new boats

I am looking at new to me boats I am hoping to get a 22V - 22VE - or RZ2 possibly a 24v/ve. All are either 2008 or 2009 with in my price range. The 24 is pretty large and storage might be tough but if there are the right reasons I can figure it out. Any thoughts from current or previous owners.

What about the boat you currently own and are throwing all those parts in right now? Anyhow, I have no idea what boat is better in that era... I know all of them are great boats because they're Tigés though... I know thegerman has a 24ve and loves it... but his is 2006. The big things for me when it comes to boating are the features of the boat.. Because they're all good boats.. Think about what you want to have done and what things do you want to do yourself. When I sell my boat (which may be a LONG time from now) the next owner will get a well maintained, upgraded sound system, new upholstery, new PSS dripless shaft seal, underwater LEDs, FAE, fully automated ballast, new bimini, new cover, etc. By boat came stock with a lot of this stuff but things have to be replaced overtime. If I were in the market for a new boat and I didn't have $6-8K to throw at all these upgrades, then I would want to make sure the next boat had them already. I think I would want the biggest boat though because I can always use more room. Wish I had my boat in the 23V instead.. Live and learn though! Good luck!

Comment

I am waiting on the hopefully last part of the transmission to come in the mail and the upholstery will be picked up through out next week as it finishes it should be done and ready to go on Friday.

Comment

2009-ish 22Ve, 24Ve, and RZ2 are all considered "sweet spots" in the Tige lineup. I have a 2009 24Ve and my very good friend Ewok (on here too) has the 2009 RZ2. Both are awesome, throw great waves and wakes, gobs of storage, etc. I'm a fan of the PCM engines Tige used in those years too, easy to work on and incredibly quiet. According to visitors, ours is quieter than some with FAE's and we've done nothing to it.

Lots of documentation on here from owners about mods, improvements, and other tricks for those models too. You'll have a great support network. And of course, Tige takes care of their family!

Keep us posted on your journey, we're here to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtimes619 View Post
          I am waiting on the hopefully last part of the transmission to come in the mail and the upholstery will be picked up through out next week as it finishes it should be done and ready to go on Friday.
          Nice. Well make sure to post a vid or something up of your successful boat run! [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1317]

Comment

I am hoping to check out what every one has at Mead so I can start the hunt but I am definitely pulling towards the RZ2.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtimes619 View Post
              I am hoping to check out what every one has at Mead so I can start the hunt but I am definitely pulling towards the RZ2.
              you can jump on my new Z3 anytime!
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Our 2008 has treated us very well and everything has held up great. Gel coat/Vinyl all still look new. We are on our last year with this boat and will miss it. Highly recommend the Ve.

Comment

Another vote for an 08 22ve!

Comment

the 06 24ve is pretty sweet too....lol

Like IDB said and can attest I love the 08-12 Ve/RZ models wish Uncle Sam paid more or I would have one.
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

The 22Ve and the RZ2 have pretty close to the same wake, they are the same hull, the top deck is definitely different and there is a little more storage space and seating room on the RZ2. Even though I have an RZ2 I still like the aesthetics on the traditional bow boats better, and I think the 22Ve looks great. As does the Z1/Z3. The seating space on the RZ2 feels pretty close to a 24Ve if you compare the two side by side. From there, narrowing down the option is up to personal taste. My 2009 has the AlphaZ tower which is good for me and my family, I'm 5'10 and my wife is 5'6. If I was taller I'd probably be hitting my head on the tower. The 2007-2008 Ve and RZ models had the previous generation "E" series tower and it's a little taller for taller folks. Of course 2010 is when the first generation of Tige Touch came out and it added $10k to the MSRP for that model year upgrade.

It's going to be a tough decision between these great model boats. The RZ2 was and might still be the highest selling Tige in the lineup. It's about the perfect size for 2 families, not too small for bigger lakes but not to big for smaller lakes. It's easy to trailer and depending on the trailer can fit in most garages with the tower folded. You are going to have to try to get some rides on these boats and see what fits your family/crew best, then track down that deal.
                      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                        You are going to have to try to get some rides on these boats and see what fits your family/crew best, then track down that deal.
                        Or: Settle for everything! Figure out several models that would work, then you have a much better shot at finding at least one deal on one of those models. Increases your odds of being successful. Seriously, you're going to be delighted with any of the models you're talking about. It will probably come down to which ones you favor the most, against the specific deal you can find on a given model. You might go with your #2 favorite if it's in showroom condition at a killer price.

Comment

Ive got an 07 22ve and love it. I'd like a 24ve but there's no way I could store it in my garage. The 22ve holds 14 people (per coast guard tag) but realistically is comfortable for 8-10 depending on size. With 4-6 in the boat there is tons of room! The rz2 and 22ve have an identical hull shape but the rz2 has a pickle fork bow which gives and added person capacity(15).
                          The one drawback of those years RZ2 is the swim deck, it's huge and square. It's so big it cuts up your surf wake and a lot of people on T/O are having them cut and re-glassed. A buddy of mine is in this situation, I think he worked out a deal with a local guy to do it this winter for $350 but if you're handy is an easy job. If I needed to do it on my boat I'd do it myself. Get a 22/24 VE or RZ2 over a V all day, better wake. Happy hunting and post picks of the girl when you get one!

Comment

Thanks for all the input but I might stick with what I have and buy a house and then start the search

Comment

Working...
                            X