Cooler Removal/Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooler Removal/Suggestions

Just a thought I am having about the built in cooler for my 24V that looks like a kidney. I think it is a great idea to have it integrated but it doesn't hold much and the ice barely makes the hr drive from the house. I did a search and saw a post from stingreye that he removed his in his 22V and is happy. I am wondering if anybody else has removed theirs or even just insulated the space better and kept it. Another idea I had was to take out and use the space for one of the bag cooler like AO or something to that effect. That way I may be able to have more capacity also. I'm open ears to any and all suggestions. If anybody has pictures that would be sweet too. Thanks in advance.

Seen a few boats with in removed first hand, it does allow for more space. I still have my kidney cooler in mine I use it as a trash can and just use my big AO cooler and keep in under the bow filler so its out of the sun.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a bow filler. Is that something I could buy or have to have someone or myself fab one up?

Comment

With the ones you have seen, was it bare glass under it?

Comment

I have the AO cooler that I keep under the bow as well, but would like to do something different with that wast of space where that kidney now sits....hopefully someone will chime in with what they have done. That stupid cooler is about good for a bag of ice and a half dozen drinks...

Comment

That's why I am thinking of taking it out. I have a feeling it is bare glass under so I would have to finish it off with some carpet. Then put an AO cooler in that space. The good news is that AO and many other companies are sponsoring the reunion so I can get a good look at this stuff other than the Internet. Wonder if they will have a couple things to sell...either way it's gonna be a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaxx04 View Post
              With the ones you have seen, was it bare glass under it?
              Ive taken a bunch out for the purpose of doing the audio work. Yes, its unfinished under there. It would be easy to finish it with carpet, install a edge guard around the opening and make it a locker. If the decj cap is white, it would be easy to fill the screw holes and hardly know they were there.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling you would have experience with removing them. I also thought about getting the foam in a can to spray in there to insulate the cooler.

Comment

I removed my 22V kidney cooler. There's a lot of usable space in there when the cooler is removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CtxAggie View Post
                    I removed my 22V kidney cooler. There's a lot of usable space in there when the cooler is removed.

Did you finish it off with carpet or just leave it bare.

Comment

I also took out my 22v kidney bean cooler. I sanded the rough spots down and painted several coats of truck bed liner. This is where I put the anchor, bouys, ropes etc.

Comment

I didn't add anything to mine. I store ropes, anchor, tools, and trash bags in there. Plan is to put an RTIC soft cooler in there too if they are ever in stock again.

Comment

After making better use of my built in cooler I got a AO Cooler that fits perfectly under my bow center cushion. This is the best boat cooler for those with the dead space under bow cushion. It's actually the best cooler I have and was less $100.

https://www.aocoolers.com/38-pack-st...ler-black.html

Comment

I was thinking of taking ours out and being able to pull the bad though like it is on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaxx04 View Post
                              Thanks for the info. I had a feeling you would have experience with removing them. I also thought about getting the foam in a can to spray in there to insulate the cooler.
                              The stock "kidney" cooler already has about an inch and a half of insulating foam on the other side. It's the seat tops lack of a good seal/insulation that allows the ice to melt so quick. Lose the kidney and make use of the space as a locker for whatever you want. It's a pretty good size space under there, much bigger than the shape of the cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X