2004 22ve alarm that I cannot find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 22ve alarm that I cannot find

We have a beeping alarm that beeps twice then goes away. The alarm returns and cannot see where it is. Thought it was the trans temp. Replaced the switch, cleaned the cooler, changed water pump, and changed the trans fluid. To confirm the alarm unplugged the switch and still got the alarm. It is not the trans temp. Where do I go from here?

Only happens while running? Every couple of minutes? All fluid levels and gauges check out fine? I have the same thing going on right now. I've talked to Faria and they say to unplug the multi plug from the back of each guage (tach/speedo) separately to try to narrow down which its coming from.. I haven't done it yet, but my guess is going to be speedo, as I had my tach rebuilt over the winter so it's new... I haven't gotten a chance to check mine, so let me know what you find if you don't care....

EDIT: I should add that I also checked everything you did and took it to my mechanic to plug it into a diacom. He scanned everything looking for a code or anything that would b tripping the alarm, and found nothing. This led me to a faulty guage. The reason I had Faria rebuild the tach over the winter was because it started a beeping frenzy last Labor Day weekend, but it was a different beep. The lighting circuit in it went haywire so it had a constant beep beep beep anytime the key was on... The same beep you get when you brighten or dim the guage lights... Hope any of this helps you out
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-09-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks you are right it only does it when the motor is running. I had a problem with the setting on the depth gauge but I thought i fixed it. I will tryl the plug thing Thanks again and will let you know

Comment

I had the same issue and it was heat sensor! Dealership said that heat sensor went bad but didnt affect temp gauge or operating temp! Also they said if it wasn't that to check the oil pressure sensor!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew4124 View Post
          I had the same issue and it was heat sensor! Dealership said that heat sensor went bad but didnt affect temp gauge or operating temp! Also they said if it wasn't that to check the oil pressure sensor!
          So the temp sending unit went bad but the guage still read normal???

Comment

I had it on my 22ve, the oil pressure dropped for an instant , not enough to see it on the display. Added oil and it stopped. Now I need to sort out why it used that much oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              So the temp sending unit went bad but the guage still read normal???
              The ecu uses a different sender to the gauge.

Oil pressure for the ecu is a switch and the gauge is a sender

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by ChrisSnow; 08-14-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

This makes sense with what I was seeing (low oil pressure). Switch was setting but gauge didn't get low enough for long enough to display the problem.

OP, add oil and see if it goes away.

Comment

OP - did you solve your alarm issue? It sounds like we had the same alarm, and mine ended up being the Idle Air Control Valve.. All is good now. Here's a link to my thread about it.. It also has part numbers and directions from user CDawg on how to change it..

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...0-Random-Beeps

Comment

Working...
                  X