WTB: Used Walter Gear Box 26D- 1.46:1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Used Walter Gear Box 26D- 1.46:1

The V-drive on my 2001 21v burnt out and I need a replacement. Found one on ebay but not quite the right fit. Walter wants $3000 for a new one, looking used first. Any leads?

Have you checked with Walter to see if they will rebuild it. I thought I have seen in a previous post, that they would. Granted, you would be without your boat the entire time, but it may be a considerable savings over new.
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Burnt out? its a case of shafts, seales, bearings and a couple gear sets. Whats burnt out? Crack it open and see what it needs.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would agree with these guys ^^^.... It should be very rebuildable. Granted I have a Direct Drive, but the tech where I get my maintenance done ordered in a kit and rebuilt mine last spring.. Other than the removal maybe being very boat specific, I would think the actual rebuild could probly be done by any good transmission shop..

Comment

V drive for sale (Walter 1.46-1 Rv-260)

Originally posted by Ccbassett View Post
          The V-drive on my 2001 21v burnt out and I need a replacement. Found one on ebay but not quite the right fit. Walter wants $3000 for a new one, looking used first. Any leads?
          I have one for sale ,also have transmission. Have the motor that was hooked too,but block is cracked.everything on motor should be useable. Let me know what u need we can work something out.

Comment

Working...
          X