20 V hull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 V hull?

Hey guys, looking at some older 20V's for sale. Do they have the same hull as the 20i? I ask because I really love the slalom wake on the 20i, but the wife wants the space of a V drive. Anyone slalomed on a 20V? Any pics/videos of the wake?

Couldn't find any pics but with my TAPS set at about 2, the wake is VERY ski-able. I ski at about 32mph and at that speed the wake is far better than my buddies older Ski-centurion.

Comment

Good to know. I was doing some research and it looks like both the 20i and 20v are the same hull. I love the slalom wake behind a 20i so I was hoping it would carry over to the 20v. How is the 20V for surfing?

Comment

We loved our 20v (circa 2002). Good surf wave without having to slam it with too much weight. Wave is a little short/steep but still very surfable. Slalom wake was decent. You won't confuse it with a 19 ft closed bow direct drive but it still allows you to ski aggressively. I don't have any pics/vids of the wake but my cousin and I both hit the course behind it (he more successfully than I) multiple times (though, I definitely wished at those times that I was behind my friends direct Drive).

You do need to ski at 31 or above, however, in my opinion with that hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For some reason I feel like the 20v hull is different from the 20i hull. I know my 21v has a deep V hull, where my friends old 22i had the more flat bottom design. Don't quote me on it though - I am sure some of the experts will chime in shortly.

Comment

searching online, a lot of places list that both have "Patented ConvexV hull & TAPS2 technology" Can anyone confirm?

Comment

saw this on a waterski mag article: "For having the shortest length in Tigé's lineup, the 20V has a long résumé. It has towed the Tigé U.S. Open Wakeboard Championships and the IWSF World Wakeboard Championships. It sports the same hull as the direct-drive 20i, which has been approved by USA Water Ski to pull record tournaments. Those accomplishments translate into versatile performance with a do-anything ConvexV hull that works with the TAPS2 plate to create the right wake for whatever you want to do. At a lower setting, the wakes make runs through the slalom course very doable at the "average Joe" line lengths of 15 to 28 off. A higher setting increases the peaks to let wakeboarders launch wake to wake." Taken from http://www.waterskimag.com/boat-revi.../tige-2007-20v

Comment

Hmm I may have been wrong. Do you have any pictures of both hulls? Maybe just a photo of the boats on the trailers, we might be able to compare that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There were two different 20v designs. In 2005 there was a 20v that had a more sloped transom like the 22v's. I'm not sure how many years it was made, but 2005 was the last year for it. The switch V and current 20v are the same design. It has the same hull as the 20i did and the slalom wake is by far the best I've seen in a v-drive. You need to understand how to use the TAPS system properly to get the best wake, but it is simple to do. I sold a 20v and a 20i to a couple of different guys in the Air Force that skied together. They were happy with the wakes on both boats. The 20i owner skied short line competitively.
                  Andy Nesbitt

Comment

Thanks guys, anyone with any pics/vids now?

Comment

This may have already been answered. I did not read the posts so I am sorry If I am redundant. The 20i and 20V had slightly different hulls. The 20i was flatter while the 20V had more of a V hull from bow to the stern allowing it to handle rougher water and also be a bit better for boarding or surfing in that era of Tige boats. I had a colorful 20v called the CandyCorn boat because of it's bright colors. (See profile) I digressed but anyway the 20v was more than skiable for a slalom skier but it did not have a competition wake because of the V. At 32 mph it would flatten down at 15+ off but it had humps in the middle and wake crossings. For good recreational slalom or a run periodically thru a course I did it behind my 20V down on Bullshoals Lake and Tablerock Lake years ago. If you want a ski boat the 20i is a better choice. If you want a multipurpose 20' Vdrive the 20v is a nice ride. I enjoyed the heck out of mine. I like to ski behind her and liked how it road in chop. It rode better than my brother in-laws 23' Maristar Sport and with triple tracking fins it turned on the proverbial dime.
                      Last edited by MoneyPity; 01-31-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Here is a rear view of an 07 20V. Hope it helps

Closer shot.
                        Last edited by MoneyPity; 08-18-2016, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Hmm, looks really close to these 20i's I found photos of

Comment

If memory serves me correctly the convex V portion is almost or is the same. The Vdrive rear motor and I think more V up front causes the difference in wake. Unless you ski competitively the 20V is nice to ski behind IMHO.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info. This has been for sale for a few weeks, what do you think its worth? http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-mot...ationFlag=true

Comment

Working...
                              X