Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 RZ2 Dual Battery Connections

Hi,

Anyone have a diagram or good photos of the proper way to reconnect the deep cycle and cranking battery connections. Can't find my photos.

Check out blue sea http://assets.bluesea.com/files/reso.../990310020.pdf that's how mines wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The PRIMARY ISOLATOR (+), PRIMARY SWITCH (+) and PRIMARY GROUND (-) are connected to the CRANKING battery. The SECONDARY ISOLATOR (+) and any stereo amps wire connect to your DEEP CYCLE and the SECONDARY GROUND (-) connect to both batteries. The auto-bilge wire can be connected to either.
      If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Need to be cautious here. In a 3-4 year period, Tige used 2 different switches, a diode type ISO and then an ACR. This resulted in 3 totally different battery schemes.

I think Jonnie's 2011 might have the 3 position Dual Circuit Plus switch and Diode type ISO.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

2010 RZ2 Dual Battery Connections

Right
          Last edited by rubicon260; 06-22-2016, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rubicon260 View Post
            Right
            I bet your 2010 has a simple ON/OFF switch and a diode ISO?
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No

Comment

LOL, if im wrong, your system is wired wrong

Comment

Here is the switch1466604978535546225789.jpg Wires are primary isolator. Primary switch, thin brown line, secondary ground times 2, primary ground, main gnd, secondary isolator,batt

Comment

Rubicon,

Your blue/black 22ve looks to be an 07, 08 maybe? If your boat does not have what I subscribed, its not the factory setup. This can further complicate things. It would have had from the factory, a simple ON/OFF and a diode ISO. Anything other, is aftermarket.

Comment

Jonnie,

I will try to summarize the wiring as I cant locate an actual diagram.

Main ground from block to cranking engine
                      ground link between each battery
                      helm BUS ground usually connected to house battery
                      amp grounds connected to house battery

Main B+ red from starter to switch.
                      Switch B+ red to cranking battery POS post
                      18ga fused brown auto bilge on cranking POS post
                      4ga red between cranking battery and outside post of diode ISO

Amps B+ to POS post of house battery
                      amps B- to house NEG post
                      Helm B+ to house POS post
                      4ga Red between house POS to outside post of ISO

Center post of ISO goes to alternator.

These are the crucial connections. anything else left off would be trivial or aftermarket.

Comment

Stop talking to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X