Impeller Change on 2006 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody changed the impeller on a v-drive and is it the same procedure on all model years?

I'd say most people here have done an impeller change on their boat. What motor?

You can do a search on here and probably find exactly what you need to know.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbs View Post
      Has anybody changed the impeller on a v-drive and is it the same procedure on all model years?
      Do you mean the seawater pump.

Only a little more difficult then changing plugs and wires [emoji848]
      Last edited by Andy454; 06-21-2016, 01:03 AM.

Comment

It is an Indmar engine and I think you can just change the impeller that runs the freshwater pump?

Comment

You sure it is an Indmar?

Comment

The vast majority of our type of inboard boats use the Johnson F6B-9 pump (or some very close variant) that uses Johnson 09-821b impeller. Procedure to change the impeller is the same across all engines. The V-drive posses it's own set of challenges as it's on the very back of the engine and requires an uncomfortable reach to extract and replace. My preferred method on my old direct drive was to use two flat blade screw drivers and pry the impeller out, but that method requires you to be a contortionist on the v-drive. I'll be purchasing the impeller puller tool as a stocking stuffer this Christmas.

Comment

Working...
            X