2002 2300V Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 2300V Limited

About to pull the trigger on this boat, Anything I should know before hand? 2002 2300V Limited. We surf goofy 85% of the time.
    Thanks,Boat Front.jpg

Love my 2300v! Great wave on both sides... esp for the money Cruise control is a must. Also on the short list (in no particular order): custom ballast bags from MLA, upgraded prop for the extra weight, FAE, surf flap, and some sort of delayed convergence device,

Comment

I hope you're charging for advertising space!

Comment

Metcraft tower? Check it over if so. Great boat!

Comment

Thanks SurfIdaho, We are in Idaho as well. Its got bags in the back, and were talking about taking the cooler out to have it fill all the way on the goofy side. By delayed convergence device - am assuming your are talking about some sort of wake shaper? We have a few ideas to build one. I saw your posts on the surf flap, was that just because of the FAE? Coming from our ProStar to this will be a huge surf wave difference although we usually surf behind our friends Axis. I read on here that some people are getting Enzo bags for the nose? Is that what you are running or have any other ideas?

Also considering taking the second captain's chair out and building a fiberglass bench with access to the storage compartment that is there. anyone done that?
          Thanks,

Comment

Thanks SurfIdaho, We are in Idaho as well. Its got bags in the back, and were talking about taking the cooler out to have it fill all the way on the goofy side. By delayed convergence device - am assuming your are talking about some sort of wake shaper? We have a few ideas to build one. I saw your posts on the surf flap, was that just because of the FAE? Coming from our ProStar to this will be a huge surf wave difference although we usually surf behind our friends Axis. I read on here that some people are getting Enzo bags for the nose? Is that what you are running or have any other ideas?

Also considering taking the second captain's chair out and building a fiberglass bench with access to the storage compartment that is there. anyone done that?
            Thanks,

Comment

^^^^I always thought taking that second captains chair out and putting in a "regular" observers seat would make that boat awesome. It's really the only thing I don't like about the 2300v. I have seen only one like that but I believe it was factory built (late '03?) as it had the same helm and interior as the then brand new 22v and 24v. It certainly looked completely factory.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I dont think it would be hard to do, you would just get even more storage out of it.

Unstuck, if you are talking about the advertising in the wrap, those are all companies I work for that donated product to the boat. I am buying from a co-worker

Comment

What prop are you running surfIdahho?

Comment

KXCorky... Yes my flap was installed because the FAE threw water on the wave face. However, the flap on its own without an FAE will improve the wave a bit. I find that chop is less noticible with the flap and the pocket does gain a small bit of length as well. Delayed convergence = surfgate, NSS, ronix shaper, etc... they all achieve the same thing in a different way. I built my own as its silly how easy and cheap it can be done. Here is mine:
                    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...put&highlight=

I run a bow bag under the front seats and a 400 in the front walkway. The bow bag is listed at 600 lbs I think but I would bet I see 350-450 max. The 400 in the walkway is full. I am not sure I would put enzo bags up front as I think you will not get that much more useful weight out of them. The extra weight would be more mid ship and that will not help as much. I would also not want the bow to ride a whole lot lower than I have mine now, esp if you are on a busy lake (fortunately I am not) and like to keep the inside dry.

For the prop a I ran a 537 for a short while and it worked OK but the cruise control had issues holding speed sometimes and I would get cavitation in hard turns. I was also not running near as much weight then. I still have that as a spare but use an old 857 that I happened across for cheap. It works well for my uses. I get around 5.5 GPH fully loaded and surfing and can still run up to 40 MPH with ballast empty. Talking with Acme and others it is my understanding that you could get more hole shot (which I do not feel I need) but it would probably come at the expense of fuel economy and top speed. For reference I usually have a crew of 5-7 adults and a few kids in addition to approx 3300 lbs of ballast. Boat also makes a good wave with just my wife driving and 7 yo daughter flagging.

As with all things your results may vary Post up pics of your wave when you get it on the water!!

PS
                    If you decide to convert to wrap around seating let me know how it goes. I might be interested in your removed captains chair It was the one thing that almost kept me from buying my 2300v. However, after a few years with it I can now say it actually is one thing that most people, including me, like about my boat. I think wrap around seating was an option on the 2002 and 2003 models though I have seen very few with it.
                    Last edited by surfidaho; 06-02-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I will order some bags for the bow then and see what happens.

I just ordered the parts to make my "suckgate" from Amazon. Should be pretty simple. I am more worried about if it will stick to the wrap or not and stay there. I guess we will see. $600 is overkill for a piece of foam. I guess I could measure the suction cups and cut circles in the wrap haha.

I will make a thread for the wrap seating when we do it, I think that will be a winter project, we are also going to make the drivers seat into a bolster seat. Should only cost me $50 total.

Comment

That boat sure looks familiar

Comment

Working...
                        X