Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 24v power issues, acceleration issues

Alright so heres the problem....

2004 Tige 24v Limited, only 150 hours on the boat. Last weekend we started having issues. Pretty sure its the 5.7 engine.

-First got in the water ( still on trailer) the engine fired up immediately but when I put it in reverse the engine died. It then would not crank over again for about 2 minutes and after it set for about 1 minute it turned on fine and we were able to play the rest of the day with no issues.

-Just got back from the lake today and we had an even worse issue. The boat had a little trouble turning on and warming up when we put it in the water, but we were able to get out on the lake and surf for probably 4 hours. I noticed that we didn't really have as much power as usual, could only get up to around 28mph ( not running ballast at this time). At the end of the day and with no ballast, we were only able to get up to around 15mph and the boat was working hard to get on plane with the throttle all the way down. We used to get up to around 35mph top speed so something is definitely wrong.

I am thinking a few things, a fuel issue, fuel filter/pump, distributor issues or possibly spark plugs?? It would be nice to know where I should start looking.

Check the wires that come off the low pressure pump. They are not attached very well.

A fuel pressure gauge will help diagnose the issue.

If that is OK then it's either ignition issues or sensors.

Does the engine sound "normal" ?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

As Chris said.

The loose wires on the low pressure fuel pump gave me nightmare issues for a few years until I found them. Problem solved. Very similar running issues. Pressure gauge will really help diagnose the issues of fuel pressure.

I would also check the state of your battery and all electrical connections.
      Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

The engine sounds perfectly fine, its just not getting as much power as normal. Every now and then we hear a semi-loud knocking or clicking when the boat goes into gear from Neutral but it goes away in a few seconds which could just be a loose belt, but other than that it runs great. Ill check the pressure and the pump to see if that does it.

Comment

I have 2008 Z4 and boat would start fine but acceleration was sporadic, especially between 2-3k rpms. Could work back towards neutral and then accelerate and would eventually lurch to 3K+ RPMs. Tiger mechanic diagnosed as lower fuel pump needing to be replaced.

Comment

I am having the same issue. Mine will run fine just won’t get over 3000 rpm’s. I already changed for low and high pressure fuel pumps and the filter. Still happening. I noticed that when I used the cruise control and pushed to speed up it would go to idle. Any ideas

Comment

Working...
            X