2016 R21 Taps 2 Getting Stuck on 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 R21 Taps 2 Getting Stuck on 8

I have taken the boat out a few times now to get the break-in 10hrs under my belt now. I have had a problem a couple times and I look down to see the taps is set to 8 and I cant seem to get it to change. The only way I have found to reset it is to shut her down and kill the power supply to the boat.

I am wondering if it is some sort of safety feature i dont know about or is it something I need to take her in for. Any ideas?

Not too sure on the system in the R21, but I know I have an Auto Taps function on the Z3 that can sometimes be enabled on accident and it will catch me off guard. Id say it sounds more like a firmware update is needed though. Give Larry a call and he will get you taken care of.
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Comment

thanks for the help! I am going to take her in for the first service next week.

Comment

If its not the auto taps doing it, there is a setting in the dealer options where it may need changed from lenco to bennett on the taps system depending on what you have. If the incorrect one is selected it won't change or will change back to the highest number if you try to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
          If its not the auto taps doing it, there is a setting in the dealer options where it may need changed from lenco to bennett on the taps system depending on what you have. If the incorrect one is selected it won't change or will change back to the highest number if you try to change it.
          How do i access the dealer settings? Does that void any warranties?

Comment

Originally posted by dilligaf622 View Post
            How do i access the dealer settings? Does that void any warranties?
            By contacting your dealer and no it doesn't void warranties. I'd make sure it isn't the auto taps button first then the second option is contacting dealer for them to adjust the settings in dealer screen.

Comment

thanks! I think it needs to be dropped off for the 10hr service so I will get them to look at it. I was told on another thread that I may need a software update.

Comment

Should be a 20 hour service.
                I had to take my 2016 Z1 in for a firmware update. Had issues with other stuff on the screen.
                Like others said check auto taps if not stop by your dealer for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by n3vrsat1sfied View Post
                  Should be a 20 hour service.
                  I had to take my 2016 Z1 in for a firmware update. Had issues with other stuff on the screen.
                  Like others said check auto taps if not stop by your dealer for the update

so its a 20 and not a 10? thanks for the info!

Comment

My dealer said to bring it on 20 hours.
                    Manual says between 10-20
                    http://www.indmar.com/Libraries/Manu...nual.sflb.ashx

Comment

good to know, I actually have to take it in for an update because the hourmeter is not on my active touch screen. So might as well get it fixed then.LoL

Comment

I read 10 in my engine manual but dealer told me 20 FWIW....

Comment

My experience is that if the wrong actuator is selected, either because of a firmware update or it not being selected in the dealer screen correctly, then the taps plate won't move at all. You can select a different number but the number on the screen returns to what ever it was set on immediately and/or flashes between 2 numbers. ie - you would never be able to use the taps ram at all.

If you are able to use the taps, but it just gets stuck on 8, my first guess would not be firmware unless it just had a glitch when it was loaded that is fixed by reflashing the boat.

As someone else mentioned, make sure you are not accidentally turning on the auto taps. On my boat the box surrounding the number changes from orange to black (or vice versa) when you select the auto taps feature. I am a little suspect that this is also not the problem because you would have to touch the TT2 screen to change modes.

It could be mechanical, but that seems pretty rare.
                          Last edited by 007; 05-11-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

2016 models will not have the bennett/lenco selection. Only 2015's.

I would check to see if the Autotaps is on. Then check to be sure the grey two pin connector on the lower PDM is plugged in completely (black boxes under the dash). It has the white and black wires.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have a 2013 RZR and we have not had any issues with it until I started have an issue with my Tige Touch screens sensativity. I was unable to select the drivers side ballast bags to drain or fill. So I activated a profile that would empty all the ballasts. Now I have the issue where my TAPs is stuck at 8. Is there an "auto Taps" on the 2013's. How do you disable it?

Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X