Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCM 343 problem RESOLVED: Rough Idle, RPM's jumping, dying at idle, "Tin Can noise"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCM 343 problem RESOLVED: Rough Idle, RPM's jumping, dying at idle, "Tin Can noise"

Hey guys thanks so much for all the help with my 2009 Z1 with the PCM 343 Excalibur engine problems. Got it back from the dealer today after taking it back in after spending lots of money for no fix. Engine was running great until 30 min into driving around when engine would heat up to operating temp and then all hell would break loose! Very rough idle and RPM's would jump all over, same as oil pressure and voltage, if i would take off it would lag then finally jump and run but then you could feel the boat jumping or cutting out and the terrible "tin can" noise would start, (sounds like a coca cola can flying around in the bed of a truck) and it would die eventually and be very hard to start again and was just a mess.

Well little over 1k later and 5 weeks in the shop its fixed. The culprit was the CRANK POSITION SENSOR! They replaced it and so far so good ran it for over 2 hours and it didn't act up so fingers crossed I'm done going to the dealer for repairs!!! Thanks for all the awesome input guys glad we figured it out. I have another old post when it happened don't know how to attach the two. Thanks again awesome input on this forum and lots and lots of knowledge. Glad to be apart of the Tige' Family!
    Last edited by Boatman_FX4; 05-07-2016, 05:36 AM.
Working...
X