TAPS and Perfect Pass not working on 2000 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS and Perfect Pass not working on 2000 21v

They worked last fall when winterized the boat. Couple weeks ago got too much water in bilge after dewinterization and may have caused them to malfunction. Everything else works. TAPS dashboard gauge works but rear panel doesn't move from waterski position to down wakeboard position. Other problem, Perfectpass, not on in dashboard and have no speedo nor cruise control. Any suggestions on my problems? Thanks.

Fuzes, connections, battery condition?
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

On the TAPS, my bad since I thought the plate goes all the way parallel with stern; it doesn't especially since pistons aren't long enough. But gauge dashboard is now reverse for down shows waterski and up shows wakeboard. Still working the perfectpass and looking for fuse/fuses.

Comment

Plate up = wakeboard. Plate down = ski. Sounds like the gauge is right. Check for 12v power going to perfct pass. Check every wire going to it. Power should be from a circuit breaker over along the window. The connections do come apart easy. The thing I'm worried about is water in the bilge. Shouldn't have sloshed around though just being in driveway? after dewinterization.

Comment

Thanks again. Thought plate up made it parallel with hull for little wake for ski and plate down makes more wake for boarding and surfing. Water from loose hose missed when dewinterized. Boat in boathouse and after dewinterization, took ride and on way back home noticed too much water in bilge and limped home and fixed problem. Bilge pump did terrific job. But, maybe too much water did the damage. More to come once find breaker and investigate connections.

Comment

Let us know. Feel free to PM

Comment

Mechanic reminded me that perfectpass is connected somewhere to engine computer module so that will help searching for something loose. Appears original speedo connection 5 part wire to a round element in bilge to small wheel (knurl like used on my 1999 jet ski) under hull disconnected and obviously pinton on outside stern also disconnected. Still looking.

Comment

Forgot to add the breakers right top side of dashboard so far aren't the culprit.

Comment

Found what appears to be perfectpass control module in picture. No broken wires but haven't checked for power. tigeperfectpasscontrol.jpg

Comment

Perfectpass dashboard gauge is blank. Haven't found bread in cable from it to black module in pic mounted inside rear stern and at end of throttle cable. Boat bought used 2014 and have no info on the perfectpass. Anyone familiar with replacing the module and where to buy the part? Thanks.

Comment

That black thing is an electric motor with coils and magnets that are highly susceptible to moisture which freezes up the extended post. Have spares to clean and will replace this one that assume is frozen. Hopefully once unattached from throttle cable and confirm frozen, replacement that I cleaned will be installed and also light up the dashboard gauge. If not frozen, then have another problem, apparently with gauge at dashboard. More to come.

Comment

Servomotor not frozen; therefore, have another problem somewhere with perfectpass.

Comment

Working...
                        X