oil filter change 2000 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil filter change 2000 21v

Is there a DIY to change oil and filter on 2000 21v? thanks.

What motor 350 mag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
      What motor 350 mag?

How to tell although probably not. Local mechanic tells me to look for a tube attached to motor down to bottom of motor found on some models (similar to oil level dip stick tube) to drain oil. Haven't found it. Although assume can still use dip stick tube for suction hose to vacuum drain old oil. Filter within reach.

Comment

Originally posted by moondoggy View Post
        How to tell although probably not. Local mechanic tells me to look for a tube attached to motor down to bottom of motor found on some models (similar to oil level dip stick tube) to drain oil. Haven't found it. Although assume can still use dip stick tube for suction hose to vacuum drain old oil. Filter within reach.
        I have that tube and still choose to suck it out of the dipstick tube. I use a 12 volt pump that connects right to the battery....which is just adjacent to dipstick. The filters are always TIGHT. Just put it on handtight. The first oil change after I bought mine I had to use a large pipe wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by jimidemo View Post
          I have that tube and still choose to suck it out of the dipstick tube. I use a 12 volt pump that connects right to the battery....which is just adjacent to dipstick. The filters are always TIGHT. Just put it on handtight. The first oil change after I bought mine I had to use a large pipe wrench.
          Good info and finally a maintenance procedure that appears to be similar in time to what it took to change oil in the tige's predecessor, a 1989 maristar 240. On the other hand an unbelievable time difference to change out the impeller of the maristar vs 21v.

Comment

Yes it is a 350 mag. Thanks again.

Comment

Finally updated tools with the 7 qt vacuum system from west marine. Works great, especially with the garden hose connection to the top of the oil dip stick tube. Filter fortunately was an easy removal. Now, back to the perfectpass fix and installation of a jury-rigged water diverter for surfing.

Comment

I don't mean to hi-Jack the thread, but it seems like the OP resolved his issue, and my issue is quick and similar. So... I have the tube that moon and jimi talk about, but I don't know how to use it. Can someone explain? I feel like this is a dummy question, but I tried to "open" it and it just wouldn't budge so I gave up. But maybe I was doing it wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X