just purchased my first tige 2100v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just purchased my first tige 2100v

I just picked up a v drive tige. I just installed stargazer on it. It went very smooth. But since i am adding ballast. Which prop should i go with

Congrats and welcome to Tigé Owners.

What activities are you planning? How much ballast are you adding? How many people will you have on board? What's your elevation? These will all factor in.

PS Please post a photo

Comment

Congrats and welcome aboard.

Engine
      Current prop and v-drive ratio
      lake elevation
      How do you intend to use the boat - slalom, surf, boarding, tubing, long hi speed cruise across big lake to riding spot, etc
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Got a buddy with the exact boat, not sure where you are located as Chpthril stated your altitude plays a factor.
        H20Sk8ter00 has a 00' 2100V he runs 2700# total weight sometimes an extra 750# with a light crew. He is running the 1847 and its plenty of power for all the ballast. Chpthril is the local expert here and EVERYONE gets their ballast through him and he is great to work with.

Welcome to the site, and new owners requirement.....PICTURES!!! Its not real till we see pictures.
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I have a 2000 21v with the blue v-drive and run the 1433. Call/Email ACME...they will be able to help ya out on the prop and then you can order it thru Chp

Comment

I have a 2001 2100v with the walter V-drive . I run 2k# ballast. I use the acme 1617 prop. Its a 4 blade 14" x 13.75". It works great. I live at 4k elevation and occasionally boat at 3k elevation.
            Last edited by Pidcack; 03-10-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pidcack View Post
              I have a 2001 2100v with the walter V-drive . I run 2k# ballast. I use the acme 1617 prop. Its a 4 blade 14" x 13.75". It works great. I live at 4k elevation and occasionally boat at 3k elevation.
              That's good to hear. I have a 2000 21v and am about to order that same prop. I boat at lakes from 3000 up to 6000', and have slightly less ballast. I'll be coming from a 537 prop. I hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                That's good to hear. I have a 2000 21v and am about to order that same prop. I boat at lakes from 3000 up to 6000', and have slightly less ballast. I'll be coming from a 537 prop. I hope it helps.
                I live in SLC too. I bought my prop from wakemakers.com. I spoke to several people on the phone at wakemakers about performance. I also used their prop finder tool on their website. Their site says to get the acme 1617 if you have the walter v-drive(blue) and the Acme 911 if you have the PCM v-drive (black). I bought mine mainly for surfing and wakeboarding. It works great. I am able to still pull recreational skiers. My max speed is about 32 mph. Both Acme 1617 and 911 are designed for heavily weighted and high altitude.

Comment

Should be good then. I've never tried to get to my max speed yet... So as long as I can go about 11mph we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                    Should be good then. I've never tried to get to my max speed yet... So as long as I can go about 11mph we'll be fine.
                    I am going to be surfing and wakeboarding usually with three to four people. I live in fleming colorado. Which elevation is pretty high. And i will be going to the mountains at a mile high. I picked the boat up in houston with 200 hours and always stored in the concierge service its whole life. I got it for 15 000 and the interior is clean except for a seat blew out on our way home

Comment

Originally posted by cashcochran View Post
                      I am going to be surfing and wakeboarding usually with three to four people. I live in fleming colorado. Which elevation is pretty high. And i will be going to the mountains at a mile high. I picked the boat up in houston with 200 hours and always stored in the concierge service its whole life. I got it for 15 000 and the interior is clean except for a seat blew out on our way home
                      Sounds like a pretty darn nice find at $15k! I paid $17.5 with a new block in it a year ago....You will love this boat..for the year and price it's hard to beat honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by Pidcack View Post
                        I live in SLC too. I bought my prop from wakemakers.com. I spoke to several people on the phone at wakemakers about performance. I also used their prop finder tool on their website. Their site says to get the acme 1617 if you have the walter v-drive(blue) and the Acme 911 if you have the PCM v-drive (black). I bought mine mainly for surfing and wakeboarding. It works great. I am able to still pull recreational skiers. My max speed is about 32 mph. Both Acme 1617 and 911 are designed for heavily weighted and high altitude.
                        32mph max? Bummer. I guess if you need the extra low end that bad sure but, I would think a little better could be done. Maybe not. I guess I'm just old as 36mph is the min. I'm in the masters division age wise so I only have to ski at 34 now.

One thing this board has learned over the years is to not use Wakemakers. Maybe the website as a reference but that's it. Always use MLA (chpthril). He is always a better option. What you should do is write up a sheet and fill it out with all your data. RPM at each desired speed (surf, board, ski, wot), elevations, weights, hp, torque, motor, tranny, v-drive (if you have one), gear ratios, everything you can imagine and then tune up the boat and take it out for a data session. Then take your data sheet and report that to ACME in order to come up with a prop for your boat and set up and area. Then order it from MLA. While there are only so many choices, they input all that data and its there for next time. Then report back with the new numbers once the new prop is installed.

At the very least, call chpthril. He'll be able to take a damn good stab at it.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                          Sounds like a pretty darn nice find at $15k! I paid $17.5 with a new block in it a year ago....You will love this boat..for the year and price it's hard to beat honestly!
                          No doubt. Right now is the time for these older Tiges. Great boats for the era and they're turning up for great prices.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                            No doubt. Right now is the time for these older Tiges. Great boats for the era and they're turning up for great prices.
                            I couldnt beleive it. I got to test drive it too. Those lucky texans in houston get to boat year around. I am curious to see how the perfect pass gps is going to work. I installed it myself. Its got the walter v drive in it. I think i will go with the acme 1617 prop top speed is not needed and none of us ski. I still cant believe that seat blew out. Has this happened to anyone else

Comment

Dude, call ACME before you buy a prop. Do your due diligence. It's worth it.

I've never had a seat cushion blow out. I used to have my trunk lid fly open once in a while. That's no longer an issue since the reconfigure. Do you have a bow cover?

Comment

Working...
                              X