DIY Mods to 2100v limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Mods to 2100v limited

Anyone have any neat DIY Modification / Customizations that you did on your 2100V (outside of the normal tower, perfect pass , stereo etc...)? Waiting for the water to get warmer so I am itching to do something with the boat other than look at it! Any Mods to the swim platform or interior? Just curious. Thanks in advance for any ideas or pictures!

I would like to take old decals off transom and put new chrome tige decal on it but I’m afraid the decal Precision Water Sports will still show up because the gel coat is a little faded

Comment

Sick dude.. I love these older boats.. Look so clean and ahead of their time IMO. I have had mine for 6 years now.. Haven't looked back...Not much you need to do but re prop it and then add ballast.. Adding a tower and some speakers wouldn't hurt either.. I have redone the interior on mine as well.. Used 4 " padding too..more comfortable than the brand new boats.. no lie. What are you trying to do with your boat and what are your hobbies with it (besides looking at it and trying to dump more money in it)
      Last edited by h2osk8er00; 02-07-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

^^^^not kidding about the comfy seats^^^

Comment

We mostly wakeboard and obviously pull the little ones on the tube. My oldest is 6 and has been wakeboarding for a couple summers now and loves it which is fun. I don’t have anything specific in mind on what to do to it just didn’t know if anyone had any DIY mods they had done that are pretty cool. Eventually we will put the tower on and upgrade the stereo and ballast all the normal stuff. But for now was wondering if anyone had done anything unique that might be fairly easy to do and doesn’t break the bank. I guess I’m referring to more cosmetic than anything.

Comment

I removed all the stickers and added the Chromax emblem........Not sure if it's just mine but one project I would like to do is straighten out the freakin rats nest of wires under the helm....also second battery and move the amp(s) to the port side instead of in the little hatch behind the sub....

Pic with all the old decals removed:

20150717_153903.jpg

I've also been thinking about adding some Feax Teak from Seadek accent pieces around the boat.....although buying a new triler this year has really crimped my boat money with the wifey

Comment

I added this extra platform which makes it easier to get in and out and is also a good seat for putting your board on

20150620_151551200_iOS.jpg

Comment

Capta1n you wouldn't happen to have any drawings or anything..that platform would be great to have on my boat as well!

Comment

Thats pretty slick! Great idea for those without aft seating. I ll pass this on to a friend with an older centurion.

Comment

Capta1n that extra seat platform is a great idea! Did you just mount it to the pull handle or did you actually drill holes? I'm second BurnMac42, any chance you have any drawings or more pictures showing how we can duplicate it! I have also read where some people fill in the air vent hole right behind where that seat is to help prevent excess water coming into the boat. Seems like that’s where I get most of my water not slowing down properly and the wave hitting the back of the boat.

BurnMac42 that Chromax emblem is what I was thinking about adding to the sides of the boat and also to the transom. Taking off the Precision WaterSport Boat decal and adding that. I can pull the Tige stickers off of the sides of the boat without much of an issue I believe but the Precision WaterSport Boat decal on the back I feel like is going to leave a sun faded out-line and would look right if I took it off. how large are those Chromax emblems you have?

The Feax Teak from Seadek seems like it could really look nice on the boat but more than I’m wanting to spend on looks. Man purchase will be the perfect pass this year that I'm waiting to convince the wife that it is worth it. I also agree on the rats nest of wires and a second battery. But for the time being I have a portable battery jumper that I keep in a rubber made tote incase the battery dies while we are out on the water.

Great ideas thanks guys

Comment

The sun faded outline of your rear decal should be able to be taken care of with some gel coat polish and a grinder/buffer... I'm also considering the seadek material to accent places on my boat like along the top of the gunwales, the way the newer boats have done.. Problem is, from what I'm finding, they don't sell the faux teak patterns in the sheet material.. You have to make templates of all the locations you want to put it, then send them the templates so they can cut it for you... Seems like a pain in the butt just to get the teak pattern. You can buy solid colors of the sheet material from them all day long, and not too expensive either..

Comment

It wasnt on my Tige but my old Mastercraft. Spent about $15 on LED strip lights (Ebay) and about an hour of my time. I thought it turned out pretty well considering the money and time spent. I keep meaning to do something similar on my Tige, but i never get around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          The sun faded outline of your rear decal should be able to be taken care of with some gel coat polish and a grinder/buffer... I'm also considering the seadek material to accent places on my boat like along the top of the gunwales, the way the newer boats have done.. Problem is, from what I'm finding, they don't sell the faux teak patterns in the sheet material.. You have to make templates of all the locations you want to put it, then send them the templates so they can cut it for you... Seems like a pain in the butt just to get the teak pattern. You can buy solid colors of the sheet material from them all day long, and not too expensive either..
                          I actually did all that with the idea that I was going to replace my snap out carpet in the bow with a gray teak Seadek piece....until they came back with it costing almost $500 just for the like 1.5x3ft pad......

Comment

Wow that's pricey... they must be proud of that stuff..

Comment

I would look into gator step instead of seadek. My experience with seadek was not so good. I was reading on TMC about gator step being comparable in price but turn around time around 2 weeks instead of 2 months with Seadek. Just a thought.
                              Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Working...
                              X