Seeking info on early 2000s 21v limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techjmw View Post
    Owner of a 2001 21v here with the Scorpion motor (stroked 383). It has plenty of power and more than my friends newer engines. I also have a 4 blade stainless prop pre-dating the Acme props, I am still looking to upgrade eventually. There is a small high pitched whine some others have complained about, but I can't pinpoint the source and it goes away by adjusting the throttle slightly when it happens. I replaced the rubber water pump since it was disintegrated when I purchased the boat and immediately overheated. I recommend changing it and doing a tune up right away if you don't know the status. I also replaced the serpentine belt and keep the old as a spare. I have the weak and wobbly Metcraft tower, but as others said, I inspect it and ensure it is tight and I have no problems with it although it is on my list of things to replace. I replaced the Taps switch in the throttle since it was temperamental, the Taps hydraulic pump and Bennett tab O-rings in the pistons since water was intruding into the fluid of the Taps. I replaced my steering cable last year and re-upholstered the bottom seating area since they were all ripped around the seams. I love the boat, no real complaints. As others said, the Taps gives good flexibility with different types of water tow uses. We also added a bow cushion in the middle to make more of a platform, much more useable and enjoyable for our family. I added additional staineless steel pins on the swim deck, it moved a lot when in the water and was wearing out the pins that the deck slides on, this has resolved the slapping from waves and should stop the wear. I added a 12" sub and 4 6.5" tower speakers with three amps for plenty of power with dual batteries along with Bluetooth and aux in to the factory radio to retain the rear swim deck controls. The gas struts that hold the three doors open were completely failed and the doors fell with a lot of force, so I replaced all of them and now they work great, but it was challenging finding replacements with the right spec. I also added a built in smart charger with 110v receptacle with rubber seal for easily plugging in when not in the water. The boat is real spacious and I always get compliments on how nice it is, most don't know the age of it other than having a very unique looking tower (some say ugly and I tend to agree...) I have an Extreme trailer with disc brakes with breakaway tongue to fit in the garage. Once you get familiar with it, it is a beast of a boat and good value for the money.

On my list is adding XM radio and GPS and possibly upgrading the tower one day.
    I am trying to replace the gas struts on the same boat. Which ones did you end up getting? I bought some suspas with 39lbs of force each and they do not hold the cargo doors open. They are 19” but how much force do I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X