Problems with my 24VE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with my 24VE

First of all I want to start by saying that I love my TIGE but with that being said it has started to develope some quirks and I was wondering if it is normal????

1. I have an Extreme trailer with LED lights and I have noticed that water gets inside, Is this normal??

2. When I start my Tige there is a loud growl/wine comming from the engine it goes away in about 5 to 10 seconds it kind of sounds like a pressure relief valve closing but I dont think there is one.

3. I ordered my Tige with the stock tower with jewled uprights. Is it normal to squeek and chatter???

4. Probably the worst problem is that my wakeboard rack inserts and straps are now leaving BLACK RESIDUE everywhere. If you go and take your board off the rack you will now have black residue on your hands and if you touch the interior it marks that. My wakeboards now has stripes from the inserts and when you set it on the lounge pad and pick the board up it leaves stripes behind. I also noticed that my straps are now streatching thin and cracking I have only had my Tige since Dec this is very frustrating

My dealer told me to ask the fourm for some answers so any input would be appreciated
    4-7-09 And still employeed for yet another week (subject to change at any moment)have we hit bottom yet?

There's a thread on the wake design racks here.

The trailer light lenses crack pretty easily. As long as they still work, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do need to replace them, most lights just pop out and you can plug the new lights in. You'll most likely have to replace the entire light assembly.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Wrong answer from your dealer. He needs to answer your questions.

Comment

no ****, if my dealer told me to look on a forum for help instead of them giving me service, i would be pissed!

Comment

I am glad that my dealer goes above and beyond. No BS answers from them.
          Let it be!!!

Comment

I gotta agree, your dealer's pretty lame.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

i have an 06 24Ve as well, my tower creaks and squeaks also....i dont think its a problem..just metal being pulled on...i would check at least everytime you take the boat out to make sure everything is tight.

my wake board straps did the same thing, they are garbage! Black rubber residue evrywhere.... I called my dealer at North Atlantic Marine in Northern VA, and he said they were having alot of problems with them and said he had ordered new ones which he sent me within a week. They are working fine now, it was a replacement for the straps only though which was the main problem.

the sound you hear when you start your boat, I have the same one....i asked about it and they say its just the belts starting up, but its not a problem, so i have been told.

I dont really have any problems with my trailer because i have only used it once this year and that was to put it in the water, I keep mine on a lift in my back yard.

Comment

Hmmm, my boat makes sort of a while when you start it up, but it sounds like a supercharger. Actually sounds kind of cool... for a while I screwed w/ my friends and told them the boat was blown... it got a few jaws to drop until I told them I was screwing w/ them.
                Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

I have a 22ve and my tower creeks a little also as the Boarder is being pulled up. I think it is just at the joints were it folds. My Board rack bungees did the same thing and were replaced by wake desings and so far so good they seem to be a little different kind of rubber. The few questions I have had for my dealer I got direct and immediate answers.

Comment

Whinning sound might be air being expelled from the transmission, normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X