2011 RZ4 with AVX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 RZ4 with AVX

Are there any thoughts on this setup? There is one local for sale that had this option installed at the factory.

I understood AVX could not be retrofitted to previous models. I don't think the Tige Touch could support it. Are you sure its not a VX? In otherwords, is it fixed position?

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      I understood AVX could not be retrofitted to previous models. I don't think the Tige Touch could support it. Are you sure its not a VX? In otherwords, is it fixed position?
      Aside from what 007 states the fixed VX did not become available until 2013 model year. If the VX is on a boat older than 2013 model year, it was installed by the dealer or owner as it was not a factory option at the time.
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
        Now that I think about it, it seemed like it had a cotter pin style bracket. The dealer (not a Tige dealer) said AVX so that's what I went with.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if this is a value add to this model?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
          Aside from what 007 states the fixed VX did not become available until 2013 model year. If the VX is on a boat older than 2013 model year, it was installed by the dealer or owner as it was not a factory option at the time.
          I was told the previous owner was a friend of Charlie here in ATX and he allowed the boat to be retrofitted with the option.

Comment

In 2013 when the VX came out, the factory did allow retrofitting of the fixed VX. It was very simple if the boat was 2012 or newer because the swim deck brackets were all the same. Boats earlier than 2012 had different swim deck brackets and the retro fit was more complicated and expensive. You would need a new swim deck with 2012 + brackets, vx and then transom work and gelcoat. 4000-5000k ordeal.

My understanding is the AVX could not to retrofitted to boats with TT1 because its a whole different manufactured system.

Maybe the previous owner did get the hook up?

Comment

Working...
            X