Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Arial Assault Towers out there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with Arial Assault Towers out there???

I was wondering if anybody has been on a boar that has an Arial Assault tower installed? I am pondering replacing my Metcraft tower in the next few seasons on my '01 21V Rider's. Here is the link below for what I have seen from Arial. Anybody know how rigid they actually are? I'm definitely looking for something that doesn't flop around side to side as much as this factory Metcraft tower does. Thanks folks.

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/.../tige/tige.asp
    2001 21V Riders Edition - 08 F-150 King Ranch

Al,

I put one on my last boat (Reinell) and was really happy with it. The build quality was very good on it and it looked great on the boat. I had it installed (couldn't bring myself to drill holes in the boat) and the guys that installed it said that it took a bit of fiddling to get it positioned but otherwise very happy with it. They put extra reinforcement backing under the rails and it was nice and rigid when installed.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I have the Airborne on my 2300v. I've been pretty happy with it for the price. All we do is surf so the most abuse it sees is when all the kids hang on it I added a little loctite to the bolts and have had no issues with needing to tighten them.IMAG1630.jpg

Comment

I installed one for a customer. I was not impressed. Too many moving parts. Too much loctite needed to keep it together.
        Andy Nesbitt

Comment

Originally posted by ajnesbitt View Post
          I installed one for a customer. I was not impressed. Too many moving parts. Too much loctite needed to keep it together.
          Same here. I installed two and said that was enough.

Comment

Check out Indy towers..

I installed one at the beginning of this season on my 2000 21v and it's performed flawlessly so far...My "little" brother weigh's 230-240 and my dad weighs near 260 and it pulled both of them up no problem...

Comment

I had an airborn on my master craft 205 prostar I made some changes to it to make it a really nice tower for a reasonable price. I had all the inserts tig welded to the tubes so did not have to work about the set screws. What a difference that made.image.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback!
                2001 21V Riders Edition - 08 F-150 King Ranch

Comment

I installed a Big Air H2O tower on mine. Been happy with it so far. Doesn't have any set screws, but you do drill a lot of holes in the tower for bolts to install it. But once that's done its a pretty solid tower at a decent price. I made my old Bimini fit the tower to save a little $

IMG_2556.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X