Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22ve...'06 vs '07

Good Morning

I'm a hopeful, soon-to-be Tige owner, moving over from a Prostar 205. My buddies have owned Tige's for years and their repeat purchases are all the testimony I need as to the boat's quality. After quite a bit of research I have narrowed down my purchase to the 22ve in the 2006-2008 range...seems to be the best combo of functionality, price point, and quality. My primary use will be surfing.

I'm actively considering two boats:
    1) 2007 22ve, less than 50 hrs, no factory ballast
    2) 2006 22ve, just about 200 hrs, w factory ballast

Both boats are otherwise equally/adequately equipped and priced within $4k of each other, but I know I will want to upgrade the ballast (at some point) in either case.

I would be most grateful for any advice/suggestions/watch outs from the many gurus on this forum on pros and cons for the above two boats.

Thanks much

07 hands down, unless its trashed or something.

The 06 with the 1st gen ACCU-SET was a red headed stepchild. The 07 SEED-SET is much better to work with. For a surf boat, I would rather start with no factory ballast over that generation factory ballast.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthrl for the feedback. I went with the '07. You are clearly the go-to guy for ballast upgrades, so when I'm at that point I will be in touch. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X