Intersted in a 2012 z1 need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intersted in a 2012 z1 need help please

Ok so found a great deal on a 2012 tige z1 . I'm looking for a great surf boat in the 21 foot mark . Some questions I have . I am about to pull the trigger please help

Can I add vx to this hull?
    Is it the same hull as 13 ?
    Can I surf with out ballast on the seat ?
    How's the surf wave in all honestly compared to a 13 ?
    What do guys run for weight in the lockers and up front ?

1) not sure but i though the word was tige was not going to produce any more VX with the release of the AVX
    2) no, the 2013 is a new hull, but IMO, the 08-12 was the best out of the box surf boat.
    3) yes. Ive surfed that boat with only factory 250 in the back and 400 bow and 2 people in the boat
    4) have not surfed the 13, but do like the 08-12
    5) that hull likes bow weight, so maybe a fat brick in the mid-ship locker to supliment the factory bow ballast. That boat can hold a 1000+ lb sac.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok I have some high fly 1100 will they fit in the lockers? Also what's the ballast pumps like ? Reversible or aerators ? And how much to they come with ? Is there room under the front seats for more sacs ?

Comment

Ill agree that the previous Z1 does surf well even when under weighted and I happen to know of a great one for sell :-)

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2010-tig...ota-50613.aspx

Comment

What ballast option does the boat have? Tige offered 4 options that year:
          no ballast
          900 lb base level = 400 bow and two 250 hard tanks under floor rear lockers
          1600 surf level = base with two 350 sacs on top of hard tanks in rear lockers
          2000 pro level = surf level but with two 400 lb bow sacs.

If no ballast or only base level, the W719 Jumbo surf would net about 800 lbs in the rear locker. Not the best due to its 50L x 24H.

Could be either 800 or 1200 GPH aerator pump, cant remember when the switch was made exactly. If its a late 2012, its likely got the 1200 gph pumps. Open the v-drive access door and you should be able to see a pump.

If the boat has ballast, there is a sac already under the bow seating.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It has the surf 1600 .. So what bags are where ? And is it only 1 pump to fill ? All ? Any vids of it surfing ? I'm coming for a mb sports f24 it doesn't surf well I want a good wave

Comment

This hull sacked out makes a great surf wake. My only negative comment is that it is a little steep, great for advanced riders and not so good for beginners. Increasing the speed helps... Also some spray if there is any chop, I need to build a flap.

Our setup (three adults, I subtract ballast if more people or if there is chop):
              - 250 surfside hard tank full
              - 1000ish custom fly high sac (rear surfside locker) these extend into the side locker full (integrated into the stock system)
              - 400 bow horseshoe sac full (under seats)
              - 400 sac in the walk way
              - 400 sac on top of the seats on the surfside bow
              - 250 opposite side full
              - taps 4ish or until clean
              - speed 11 - 11.6 (port), slightly slower (starboard)

This results in a fun, big wake with good push. 08-12 z1 offers great value.

Comment

Surf level has a 400 lb sac under the bow seats
                a 250 hard tank under the floor of the port locker
                a 350 lb sac in the port locker
                same on the STBD side.

4 fill pumps and 4 drain pumps, 8 total

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...741#post199741
                Last edited by chpthril; 07-14-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Any video ? Any one made a diy vx?

Comment

I know a guy that's gonna build a vx for his boat this coming winter .
                    surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by cody9900 View Post
                      It has the surf 1600 .. So what bags are where ? And is it only 1 pump to fill ? All ? Any vids of it surfing ? I'm coming for a mb sports f24 it doesn't surf well I want a good wave
                      The F24 surfs Great but it needs more weight! You just have to fill factory full! add another 1600 lbs or so to surf side. Add 500 to front then drain off non surf side until she cleans up.

Comment

I run 1100 in locker ,500 on the seat , 1000 bow bag stock surf side full non surf 1/2 .. It's not that great small pocket

Comment

I run 1100 in locker ,500 on the seat , 1000 bow bag stock surf side full non surf 1/2 .. It's not that great small pocket
                          Did you run it at 11.4-11.6 mph?

Comment

Any video ? Any one made a diy vx?
                            Nothing recent. Going out this weekend, will try to get some pics or video . 08-12 z1's also make a decent wakeboard wake...

Comment

Yea run at 11.6

Comment

Working...
                              X