2005 tige 22i taps relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 tige 22i taps relay

Okay I know this has been answered in another thread but I am having trouble understanding the diagrams and what exactly I need. I bought my boat recently and the taps system stopped working. I have narrowed it down to the VALBERG 8000-251 relay under the dash. Tige dealer says it is no longer in production and that the e1016 part # is the replacement, and extremely expensive. There is only one of these relays under my dash with about 8 wires coming out of it. Can someone help me with a wiring diagram and what parts I need from autozone etc. much appreciated

Are you certain it's not the throttle taps switch wiring? That's the most common issue.

I think Bennett make their own relay. Failing that you probably need 2 relays and 2 diodes for the solenoid.

I will look at the diagrams and figure it out later.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's 2 options,

one uses a pair of DPST or DPDT relays and the other a pair of SPST or SPDT relays and 2 diodes(something like a 1N4001)

both should work equally, you may need a capacitor or 2 if when operating it you hear clicking through your speakers(and care enough)

my hand writing and drawing skills aren't great so just ask if something not clear.

i drew this based on Bennet documents but obviously haven't tested it at all.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the advice on this thread. We just bought a 2002 and found that the TAPS was only working on 1 direction. The pump would run in the up direction, but just click when running it down. Turns out it’s a relay problem. The relay is energizing the up circuit regardless of switch position. We were able to confirm this by unplugging the yellow wire and then running the pump via the switch. It worked as intended.

Another issue though, a previous owner bypassed the switch on the throttle and installed a switch on the dash to use. I of course would rather the throttle switch work. Does anybody know of a source for that part?

Comment

The shifter/throttle setup with the switch in the handle was custom made. Maybe you can get Livorsi to make you a throttle by cable and shift by cable with a switch in the handle.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X